• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
March Banter Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

We're just way too inconsistent in every aspect of the game. I have the same as you...us winning tonight and tomorrow night and losing to you guys. I have UNC beating Duke in the Finals, unfortunately. I assume they'll get past UVA. I'm sorry, but I just don't believe in UVA.

UVA whipped the heels earlier this year.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the them take us out as they beat us by double digits earlier this year, and it was never really even close.

Edit: terrible 4th foul call on Warren

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UVA whipped the heels earlier this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see the them take us out as they beat us by double digits earlier this year, and it was never really even close.

Edit: terrible 4th foul call on Warren

Yeah, I thought it was a weak call. As far as UVA goes, I think they won before you guys really got going. I think UNC by 10 at least.

A few sports related posts are fine, especially during the ACC tournament. However, if you want to do a play by play commentary that evolves into a discussion, the sports forum is the place.

You should have tagged you post with #coldrain :)

Understood. I didn't think it would matter much, since it's so quiet now, but the sports forum is better suited for that. You're right.

Waycross heat ridge has been extending north of the last 24 hours.

Since then we have seen the models show a favorable setup for snow in NC to coldrain.

Things could change by Sunday if metalwx leaves ATL and goes back to Waycross to keep the swamp heat in check.

Three days out from a possible wintry event for NC. Models showing possible snow/ice, local forecasts call for rain right now.

The latest HWO from RAH --- referenced in their afternoon update...

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY.A STORM SYSTEM WILL MOVE THROUGH THE SOUTHEAST STATES SUNDAY ANDMONDAY. THERE IS A CHANCE OF WINTRY WEATHER MONDAY NIGHT. WITHRIVER LEVELS ALREADY RUNNING HIGH...DUE TO EXPECTED RAINFALL OVERTHE WEEKEND...SOME MAINSTEM RIVERS MAY APPROACH OR SLIGHTLY EXCEEDFLOOD STAGES. KEEP ABREAST OF THE LATEST FORECASTS OVER THEWEEKEND.

There was definitely some basket interference on that one put-back.

On another note, you think we have a shot at some token flakes on Monday? I think it would be a long shot for us. Ncweather, superjames, jburns, btown, and those guys might see a little something.

Long shot on flakeage. I like Roxboro north.

Brick, you been playing any ball at lunch, since the weather's been pretty nice? You play outside or inside?

I play outside when I play at lunch. I only get to play once a week now because I am so far away. I used to play three times a week during lunch. I also play one night a week in the league for work now.

I thought about joining the YMCA and going to play in the morning from 5:30 to 6:30. I could do that three times a week with my work schedule. But not sure if it would be worth it or not. I wish I knew how many folks played at the time at the Y near me.

I play outside when I play at lunch. I only get to play once a week now because I am so far away. I used to play three times a week during lunch. I also play one night a week in the league for work now.

I thought about joining the YMCA and going to play in the morning from 5:30 to 6:30. I could do that three times a week with my work schedule. But not sure if it would be worth it or not. I wish I knew how many folks played at the time at the Y near me.

I thought about joining the Y too. But I can't really see when I'd be able to use it enough to make the expense worth it. I work downtown, so I don't think I'd be able to go anywhere during lunch and have any time to play. An hour is pretty good when you're going to Zaxby's, but it's hard to squeeze travel, basketball, travel, shower, and lunch into an hour!

Family time. We all planned this around this. Don't really get much time to spend with the family.

Oh. Well glad you enjoying your time because family is everything. But enjoy that big city of hotlanta.  I know its a change for you.

I personally am leaving Thursday  for Orlando for the same reason. 

I might shock some of my relatives because Im going house hunting down there too.

I thought about joining the Y too. But I can't really see when I'd be able to use it enough to make the expense worth it. I work downtown, so I don't think I'd be able to go anywhere during lunch and have any time to play. An hour is pretty good when you're going to Zaxby's, but it's hard to squeeze travel, basketball, travel, shower, and lunch into an hour!

Yeah, I used to go in earl the days I played at lunch, but the court was only 10 minutes away, and we have showers there. Ow it takes me twice as long to get there, so I can only go once a week at lunch.

The YMCA is expensive, too. If I could play three times a week I think it would be worth it. But $100 to join and $40 a month is pretty expensive to just play basketball.

Yeah, I used to go in earl the days I played at lunch, but the court was only 10 minutes away, and we have showers there. Ow it takes me twice as long to get there, so I can only go once a week at lunch.

The YMCA is expensive, too. If I could play three times a week I think it would be worth it. But $100 to join and $40 a month is pretty expensive to just play basketball.

Yeah, that's a lot of cabbage. There are courts near my church and sometimes on Sunday afternoons, we'll go play. Nice double rims, chain nets, water on one end of the court, usually, and a group of guys shooting around that get in your way on a surprising fast break....everything an outdoor court needs! :)

Yeah, that's a lot of cabbage. There are courts near my church and sometimes on Sunday afternoons, we'll go play. Nice double rims, chain nets, water on one end of the court, usually, and a group of guys shooting around that get in your way on a surprising fast break....everything an outdoor court needs! :)

It is hard to find time to play for me other than at lunch or really early before work since I have kids. I would feel bad playing more than once a week a night and leaving the kids with my wife. Plus, the only time the Y has adults only ball is two nights a week. That doesn't seem worth the money to me. But they have the adults ball every weekday in the morning from 5:30 to 7:30. I would go play every morning from 5:30 to 6:30 if there were enough to run full court, and if there were not too many that you waited to play.

Archived