Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not over til I hear the ice cream truck!!!  :deadhorse:

I hate the ice cream truck. One killed my grandfather.

After the funeral I asked my grandmother how grandpa had died. She said they were in the middle of making love. I was shocked since he was 92 an she was 90. I told her they were to old for that. She said, "Oh no dear. Every Sunday morning for the past 20 years we always made gentle love every Sunday morning, to the rhythm of the bell in the church down the street. Grandpa would still be here with us if that damn ice cream truck hadn't come down the street."

I hate the ice cream truck. One killed my grandfather.

After the funeral I asked my grandmother how grandpa had died. She said they were in the middle of making love. I was shocked since he was 92 an she was 90. I told her they were to old for that. She said, "Oh no dear. Every Sunday morning for the past 20 years we always made gentle love every Sunday morning, to the rhythm of the bell in the church down the street. Grandpa would still be here with us if that damn ice cream truck hadn't come down the street."

Guess that answers the question, "What would you do for a Klondike bar?" :weep:

Today's low temperature will occur at mid-night(for most). Also tomorrow's high may occur at the same time. Using RDU as an example; mid-night the temp is forecasted to be around 48(so low today 48 high tomorrow 48). If we had not gone back on Day Light Savings time(earlier than before), the low for today would have been around 44 and the high tomorrow also around 44. This could slightly effect the overall highs and lows for the year(to a warmer reading) averaged with all the other similar situations. I know this can work in the opposite fashion where the air is warming through the night, but that happens less than the scenario we will see today/tonight.

In a time where we are looking at every percentage of a degree difference between time-periods this could be an issue.

Toilet paper is good and useful product. But there are three things about it that are annoying:

1) When you undo the initial piece, it is far stickier than it should be. It routinely adheres to the underlying piece in such a way that it either distributes many little fragments into your hand or you have to unroll at least two revolutions in order to get it started.

2) Frequently, when you tear off a piece, it doesn't tear evenly along the perfuration -- the weakest part of the roll. No, instead, it rips in such a way that it inevitably leaves a little strip hanging off the end of the roll.

3) And my personal favorite, if you are unfortunate enough to drop the roll, it doesn't just fall and come to rest at your feet. It doesn't travel a short distance and then stop, nor does it travel in such a way as to keep the entire roll intact. Instead, even before it hits the floor, a couple of feet are unfurled in the air. It then proceeds away from you just fast enough so that it's impossible to catch, before traveling maximum distance across the floor, unrolling an expansive length of paper, leaving you with the unenviable decision to rip and waste or to attempt the awkward reroll technique, which inevitably leaves evdince that the paper has been on the floor previously, since the roll is now much fatter and slightly spiraled upward.

Very irritating.

Linville Gorge Pisgah National Forest Officer Jason Crisp Slain

Sad day yesterday when Linville Gorge Pisgah National Forest Service Officer Jason Crisp was slain yesterday when he stumbled across a suspect in the Pisgah National Forest from a double homicide that occurred outside of Morganton.   His working partner K-9 Maros was also slain.

Jason was a friend and helper to all that hike and know the Pisgah National Forest | Table Rock | Linville Gorge area.

End of watch.  Job well done thy faithful servant. 

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/03/13/4762483/burke-sheriff-suspect-shot-after.html#.UyHmQtJdUZk

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Remembering-Officer-Jason-Crisp-K9-Maros-USFS-EOW-31214/552718981508816?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Remembering-Officer-Jason-Crisp-K9-Maros-USFS-EOW-31214/552718981508816?id=552718981508816&sk=photos_stream

zVpdP3x.jpg

1wK9p1W.jpg

So what's the chance of UNC winning the NCAA tourney? The same as Waycross getting snow in March?

If ACC refs officiate all their games and the other teams don't show up, then, maybe. Otherwise, they have about as good a chance as NC State, and they're not even gonna make the tourney.

So what's the chance of UNC winning the NCAA tourney? The same as Waycross getting snow in March?

I think the heels go at least to sweet 16 and that may be it.  hey guys they're playing as good a basketball if not one of the best teams in the country right now.  yep they lost at duke but remember they didn't lose that badly considering all the 3's duke made in the 2nd half and at duke plus senior night.  in the case of duke they live and die by the three.  if they aren't making the three they will lose, if they are hot at the three they will win. 

Archived