joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol State fans complaining about the refs, thats new.

ANY acc team fan complaining about refs is nothing new. After the first Duke/UNC game you know how much complaining I heard for both sides? State fans are the first to admit their players suck and the refs suck, I feel like State fans are the most humble out there, it comes with the territory trust me. It's not easy to lose all the time (also in usually tight point margins) so when we're up, we're happy and usually don't talk too much crap.

I'm just messing with the UNC fans. All kidding aside, all the blaming the refs stuff is old. We lose because we suck. ACC refs are pretty bad, though.

Just like tonight, for instance. We have nobody that can hit a shot. We drive in and miss or get rejected or miss a fade-away 3 and put up brick after brick after brick. Meanwhile, we let a horrible jump shooting team lay-up us to death because we refuse to clog the lane. Zone anybody? Anybody?

ANY acc team fan complaining about refs is nothing new. After the first Duke/UNC game you know how much complaining I heard for both sides? State fans are the first to admit their players suck and the refs suck, I feel like State fans are the most humble out there, it comes with the territory trust me. It's not easy to lose all the time (also in usually tight point margins) so when we're up, we're happy and usually don't talk too much crap.

:clap: :clap:

Man , Waycross to the ATL ! That has to be the biggest shock to the system. I know you did some time in the windbag city, but that's like going from Sugartit, SC to CLT or something! For entertainment purposes, you should take a couple of rides on MARTA! :). And most def , hit up the bass pro shops!! Are you going to be there long enough to see the snow Sunday night ? LOL

I think NCSU has come on strong lately in the ACC.  They're doing much better than they were earlier on in the year.  I'm picking them to beat Miami tonight and then upset Syracuse before losing to Duke in the semis.  I've always had a soft spot for State.  If Duke's going to lose to anybody, I would prefer it be the Wolfpack.  Can they win their way into the Big Dance?

hahaha I just came in here to post "18z fantasy GFS LR has some back end snow over NC from a nor'easter type system March 25th.... :lmao: "

crazy indeed.

I'm all-in.

---

BTW, looks like I got a nice financial aid/GA package for graduate school, so I will probably be around for at least a couple more years (not that I necessarily plan on moving away after college, but you never know).  I wouldn't mind moving somewhere north for more cold and snow, but there's more to life than weather! :lol:

I like this forecast

From my NWS Point-n-click:

Tuesday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly sunny, with a high near 51. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

man thats really covering all the bases.  you can't miss, that's 100 percent correct for you know its going to be one of those.  I call that a wet snow or if snow is predicted and we don't get any I call that a dry snow.   :whistle:

Man , Waycross to the ATL ! That has to be the biggest shock to the system. I know you did some time in the windbag city, but that's like going from Sugartit, SC to CLT or something! For entertainment purposes, you should take a couple of rides on MARTA! :). And most def , hit up the bass pro shops!! Are you going to be there long enough to see the snow Sunday night ? LOL

He did send a picture. This is when he got turned around and took a picture of some folks wanting to give him directions:

vlcsnap-1746485.png

I think NCSU has come on strong lately in the ACC. They're doing much better than they were earlier on in the year. I'm picking them to beat Miami tonight and then upset Syracuse before losing to Duke in the semis. I've always had a soft spot for State. If Duke's going to lose to anybody, I would prefer it be the Wolfpack. Can they win their way into the Big Dance?

We're just way too inconsistent in every aspect of the game. I have the same as you...us winning tonight and tomorrow night and losing to you guys. I have UNC beating Duke in the Finals, unfortunately. I assume they'll get past UVA. I'm sorry, but I just don't believe in UVA.

Linville Gorge Pisgah National Forest Officer Jason Crisp Slain

Sad day yesterday when Linville Gorge Pisgah National Forest Service Officer Jason Crisp was slain yesterday when he stumbled across a suspect in the Pisgah National Forest from a double homicide that occurred outside of Morganton.   His working partner K-9 Maros was also slain.

Jason was a friend and helper to all that hike and know the Pisgah National Forest | Table Rock | Linville Gorge area.

End of watch.  Job well done thy faithful servant. 

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/03/13/4762483/burke-sheriff-suspect-shot-after.html#.UyHmQtJdUZk

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Remembering-Officer-Jason-Crisp-K9-Maros-USFS-EOW-31214/552718981508816?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Remembering-Officer-Jason-Crisp-K9-Maros-USFS-EOW-31214/552718981508816?id=552718981508816&sk=photos_stream

zVpdP3x.jpg

1wK9p1W.jpg

There was stuff that went on in Avery County (when I lived there) I was informed... "not proper to discuss".

A bit of unsolved history there.... suppose?  Still a bit isolated there... mostly domestic violence, drugs.

Drive from Morganton to Avery... there's nothing but the Pisgah and Floridians driving too slow.

Floridians scared the hell out of me... Not the local crime.

Edit: Read the first link again.  Some doesn't make sense, incomplete.

Archived