Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
March Madness 03/03/2014 -------> The EURO abides

winterymix

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looked a lot like 18z slightly better...to me it is all fun...I am looking forward to a cool event...there is just no "we" in December and March events for me....."we" in December and March means I get screwed and to add insult to injury, I get chinese deck tortured

Lol- I know where your mind is at. I have only a slight advantage with location so u and I are pretty similar in expectations.

Precip ticked up and the column was just a hair better but considering the game of inches and the lead time...any run that holds or improves is a win. A big win actually. I expect a mix no matter what. I also like sleet.

But ground temps are. We're supposed to be low 40's Sunday. If we were coming off a couple days of sub-freezing highs it would be a different matter. ZR won't accrete until the ground cools down to sub-freezing, which will take longer than the air temp cooling.

The ground is still frozen. Teens and single digits lows. Not worried to much about ground temps.

40 years in the area and I've never seen ice accretion in DC proper.. maybe in March we will have better luck

On the roads?  I've lived here 5 years and I've seen ice accretion on cars, sidewalks, trees, etc in my neighborhood.  But never on roads.  I can't imagine we'd have a legit ice storm on the roads here on Monday but certainly on the other surfaces I've mentioned, depending on temps.  

Sign me up for a high impact storm.  I'd be happy with ice, sleet, then some snow to cap it off.

Does anyone really care if zr sticks to roads and grass? I don't. Looks nice on trees and cars and it isn't january. I'm all about sleet and some snow.

Definitely rooting snow/sleet. I live in Twinbrook forest. 1999 my neighbor was a war zone. Zr storms are not about roads and grass. It about trees and power lines crashing into your house. Come on snow !

40 years in the area and I've never seen ice accretion in DC proper.. maybe in March we will have better luck

Troll statement. Unless you're  somehow unable to distinguish between ice accretion and a crippling ice storm, surely you'd know that there have already been three events in this winter where we had either icy branches and/or icy sidewalks in DC proper, including the butt-plant fest on 1/10.

Troll statement. Unless you're  somehow unable to distinguish between ice accretion and a crippling ice storm, surely you'd know that there have already been three events in this winter where we had either icy branches and/or icy sidewalks in DC proper, including the butt-plant fest on 1/10.

I haven't seen any ice accretion in DC all year, but if you have, congrats

Archived