joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 28-March 3rd Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the Taft followers, his weathercast had two maps tonight: One showing 3 inches across N. IL through the weekend, and then immediately after, one showing ~5. Both of which are down from yesterday, when he showed 8+ and 9+ at times.

Wonder where he goes next once the next set of runs comes out.

For the Taft followers, his weathercast had two maps tonight: One showing 3 inches across N. IL through the weekend, and then immediately after, one showing ~5. Both of which are down from yesterday, when he showed 8+ and 9+ at times.

Wonder where he goes next once the next set of runs comes out.

Do we have any confirmation that Taft isn't posting under the alias of Aleking here?

It's down time, so I say why not?

Chucking :weenie: :weenie: :weenie: deeeeeeppp.

attachicon.gif2:26 JMA 96.gif

attachicon.gif2:26 JMA 108.gif

attachicon.gif2:26 JMA 120.gif

lol. What an arm. Looks like buckeye's rubbing off on you. His favorite model.

I really do like where we sit though. Farther north, less accumulations, farther south, mixing issues. We just need some moisture.

FWIW the weather channel is telling cities from Indy, Dayton, Cincy, and Columbus to be prepared for a major ice storm :facepalm:

I personally think all these cities, with maybe Cincy being the exception, are more likely to see heavy snows....8-12 range

It appears they are riding the 26/12z Euro, I can't post the map but it's there or very close to those cities

You'd be right at home on the NYC thread ;) they post/refer to the JMA, DGEX and NAVGEM regularly. Even the KMA once in a while lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535

No love for the Brazilian in the NYC threads? :lol:

pretty easy to see why this is a turd

84 hour NAM=me posting the JMA. 

A 84 hour NAM map where it completely loses the southern stream vort? Compare that to the 18z GFS at 90hr, or LOL NAM, either one works.

Remember that a turd qualifies as anything less than a big dog at this point. Confidence is still low in details but I think we'll get accumulating snow out of this setup here. Still wouldn't rule out a moderate event like the GFS has been showing, but I'd take a lesser hit like the 12z Euro. If it's gonna be this cold in early March, may as well get some snow out of it.

Remember that a turd qualifies as anything less than a big dog at this point. Confidence is still low in details but I think we'll get accumulating snow out of this setup here. Still wouldn't rule out a moderate event like the GFS has been showing, but I'd take a lesser hit like the 12z Euro. If it's gonna be this cold in early March, may as well get some snow out of it.

Only big dog I am chasing is the seasonal record here, so nickels and dimes are just as fine. Sure I would love a 12-20" storm to cap off the winter but I am not choosy.

Only big dog I am chasing is the seasonal record here, so nickels and dimes are just as fine. Sure I would love a 12-20" storm to cap off the winter but I am not choosy.

Same here, it's a longer shot for us, but may as well go for it and st least move up the rankings, and every little bit helps. Also, if Chicago can get 8" more, it'll be the snowiest winter I ever experienced (I grew up in NYC and was there for the record 95-96 winter) which is pretty cool.

No love for the Brazilian in the NYC threads? :lol:

Lol they stop short of the Brazilian but do stoop as low as the CRAS.

Anyone that ever thinks that storm threads on this forum get ugly at times should check out the NYC thread for some comic relief. Gotten so bad that only a few mets still post there.

0z GFS a bit less snowfall here than prior runs today, but I'd still hit it.

Northern MO/southern IA/western IL, far eastern IN, and a good chunk of OH do very well.

Weird gap in between....wouldn't take that too seriously at this point.

I'm sure the synoptic setups are different but I keep getting this PDII vibe with this. 

Archived