• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 28-March 3rd Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

Sort of aggravating that such a subtle difference with the shortwave trying to move into the Lakes Sunday night will make potentially a large difference with where the southern storm tracks. The GFS been consistent with not crushing everything to the SE while the Euro and CMC kind of waffle. There's no real -NAO and some higher than normal heights over the eastern US so if that PV gets out of the way (which I think it may given the lack of a -NAO) a GFS or even slightly north solution isn't impossible. For CLE that may be the difference between a 4" or so event and possibly up to a foot.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So in the what can go wrong camp, the 2 scenarios that I'm thinking about are 1) we get missed north initially and then the main storm misses or skirts south and 2) things shift north and we're sweating precip type.  I think either one of these has about an equal chance of happening but concerns aside, I don't hate where I'm sitting right now. 

12z Euro ENSM match the op. #1 looking pretty good. :facepalm:   :D

Just to prove how that forecast.io page is a bit suspect, it just changed from 2-4" Saturday and 1" Sunday to 2-4" Saturday and 9-13" Sunday for Detroit. :lol:

Yep. It's showing some crazy stuff from the SREF for that time frame. Report it to the developers?

yep, easily the best we've seen all winter. pisser of a waste

18z NAM took a step in the right direction for C. IL  into IN...should be a good hit

Lots and lots of pingers.

Interestingly, 15z SREF is a super duper torch for IND. Rain the favored p-type. Must be have jacked solutions.

Ugh, this is a well known TV met who grew up in the area, and thought it would be a fantastic idea to show the EURO snowfall map on twitter. Yes, I've already received multiple text messages, and even a phone call panicking about the situation.

Embarrassing to see that from a met.  Everybody and their mother should know by now that those maps have problems dealing with mixed precip which there will be plenty of.

Archived