joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 28-March 3rd Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was just under 15". I was there at the time. We have also had 5 events over 6 inches this year in Macomb...

Oh okay, my bad. Really don't remember that blizzard, but looked at the radar from it. I really don't think we got that much in Henderson County, but I could well be wrong.

And you're right, but it doesn't mean I don't want a foot event.

Would be the perfect cap-off to an amazing winter. 

Not really, in terms of the placement of the snow.  If anything you could argue the opposite.

Heaviest frozen precip on 18z and 0z looked to be right around Cincy in both runs (I know that is not representative of an all snow event by any means as snow will be a good 50 miles north). The cutoff on the northern fringe is right around the Michigan Ohio line on both frames. So to me looks, more of a no-change from 18z... nothing drastic either way

Heaviest frozen precip on 18z and 0z looked to be right around Cincy in both runs (I know that is not representative of an all snow event by any means as snow will be a good 50 miles north). The cutoff on the northern fringe is right around the Michigan Ohio line on both frames. So to me looks, more of a no-change from 18z... nothing drastic either way

You most only be talking about the last wave then.

If this thing goes slightly north, Macomb's gonna get slammed.

As of now, my 4-8 inch prediction looks about right, but I'm still holding out hope for one last bang from the best winter ever.

I think you're in a really good spot in Macomb! Ratios should be prime.

Taft is saying possibly 4"-6"... however, his snow map shows 2.2" over MBY, and generally 2"-3" around the area.  He did stress that this was "one model"  and gave some idea of what the others were saying. 

Still waiting and seeing.

Just a FYI in case anyone missed the post from Hoosier about the board downtime. Randy ( Stormtracker ) posted this about the board downtime..

The board will be down at 12:15 am Friday Morning.  We expect the downtime to last from 30 minutes to an hour.  This is all in an effort to address and possibly fix the SQL issues.  Also, there will be times tomorrow where we will be down for extended periods of time beginning in the late morning to afternoon hours.   We will attempt to post an announcement as soon as possible before we take the board down tomorrow.    We apologize for the inconvenience.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/43049-board-down-time/#entry2835657

I think there's support for the Sunday system getting farther north but only to a point because of the strength of the PV. It helps that we're in a +NAO to enable some northward movement. The southern stream wave finally being sampled by tomorrow evening or Saturday will help resolve some of the remaining variance.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Ah, ok. Thanks for the responses.

No problem man.

A little out-of-context thing, you guys are awesome over here in this forum. I don't know if this is a good thing or not :P but I plan to come here for all my storm watching excursions from here on out. I wanted to be a meteorology major, but since I can't do calculus to save my life, that didn't happen for me, and so I'm actually a journalism major with a minor in creative writing.

But enough about that, I thank you guys for your patience with me. I'm kinda a noob to this stuff and I'd love to learn more about this stuff, so if you guys have any tips for me, it'd be awesome. I understand the basics, but basics don't help me read the data at the same time. Also, I apologize for going full-out weenie mode earlier. This stuff just gets my enthusiasm going, as I said earlier.

Alright, enough sucking up. Weather time. After all, the weather is why we're all out here right now, right?

Archived