joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 28-March 3rd Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That PV/UL system needs to move north and get out of the way. Thankfully still more then enough time for that to happen for those of us further north trying to catch some records. Still wouldn't hold my breath though.

People in the south chasing records too.  :P  But, we'll see. Still time for changes...

@ Chicago WX.....before this thread was started a couple of days ago, I posted in the medium long disco that this would happen, nothing has changed, looks like 6-10" over ORD and LAF, final call will come tomorrow afternoon.

I saw that. Hopefully you are correct. :)

That PV/UL system needs to move north and get out of the way. Thankfully still more then enough time for that to happen for those of us further north trying to catch some records. Still wouldn't hold my breath though.

Bingo to the bolded.

The timing of everything (aloft) is just so god awful for this system.

00z GFS still looks pretty good for many.

Not here. Thinking we might get a dusting. You never know, I suppose. The February 5th storm looked to be a dud until two days before when the models suddenly shifted north. Seriously, though this has been a Chicago, Detroit and mid-Atlantic winter. Can't complain too much. We've had a snowpack for almost three months now and a couple of good events, including an over performer on February 5th.

Not here. Thinking we might get a dusting. You never know, I suppose. The February 5th storm looked to be a dud until two days before when the models suddenly shifted north. Seriously, though this has been a Chicago, Detroit and mid-Atlantic winter. Can't complain too much. We've had a snowpack for almost three months now and a couple of good events, including an over performer on February 5th.

Should add that the funny thing is that my Dad has been complaining about all the snow we've had this winter.

Bingo to the bolded.

The timing of everything (aloft) is just so god awful for this system.

meh.. Look at tonights system. It is 100-150 miles further north then models showed recently. Thus the one good thing going for us and thus the seasonal trend with systems coming in further north then what models show 4-5 days out or so.

Here was the GFS for the Jan 5th event at about the same time out from the storm as we are now with this.

post-90-0-88496800-1393476183_thumb.gif

Did it move north? QPF values looks the same here or less but only looking at raw numbers

QPF is a bit more north but the features don't look they moved much. On the site i use the 12z had the 4+ inch line at the MI line to my south vs 00z which now has it imby while the 6+ line is now at the MI line vs closer to LAF on the 12z.

Personally i would not wanna be in the jackpot zone this far out.

Archived