northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Late February/March Medium - Long Range Disco

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fine with where the GFS is right now. 18z is a tad meh but I dont pay that much attention to happy hour runs. Euro is worrisome, but the general look of the pattern has plenty of potential. This wont be warm rain. Might be 33 and rain, but likely going to run the gamut of p-types across the area, with the possibility of snow at the end. Still in.

why do you care?...If I was going to be in the deep south during an event, I would be openly rooting for it to bust...

Lol....well I won't lie. Part of me is now pulling for a non snowstorm but part of me wants to pad stats. But missing a snow event would be devastating. That's why I kind of posted that euro looking jma map. First sucky jma map I've ever posted

Yea, fork is in the drawer until Saturday at the earliest and even then. The biggest wildcard is the evolution of the low and how it comes out of the south. 18z gfs was cold enough early enough but the low was strung out and weak. A trend to a much wetter finish can happen late in the game in model world. I think every southern stream system trended wetter as we approached this year. Even the rainers. 

Yea, fork is in the drawer until Saturday at the earliest and even then. The biggest wildcard is the evolution of the low and how it comes out of the south. 18z gfs was cold enough early enough but the low was strung out and weak. A trend to a much wetter finish can happen late in the game in model world. I think every southern stream system trended wetter as we approached this year. Even the rainers.

It may be a battle between models this time around. Actually that is what makes all of this interesting.

I want a 2 day plus event to put a cap on this winter. We're due for a long event. Don't need it to be all snow either, just some decent accumulation will be fine.

To add to this it looks like 1 maybe 2 outliers that are way north but as you said many decent tracks

One thing is becoming kinda clear. The front end stuff isn't going to be snow for most of us unless things really shift. I'm ready to write that part off. All my chips are on for the lp making a decent pass. I really want to hit 40" this year. Only need 3" more. I hope this is the ticket. Once we get a week into march it really starts getting tough to snow in the dc burbs.

Archived