CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Late February/March Medium - Long Range Disco

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dude..you live south of Philly....You don't need no stinkin' models...You're charmed..

I know we've had a good year up here but I root for everyone, by no means am I hear to gloat. Just wondering what the gfs showed (tonight) for early march

I was hoping to expand the charmed zone south to include the entire MA ;-)

So what exactly does the Euro do between 96 (1011 L in AL and in SW NC) to 120 (980 coastal up east of ME)?

Thats all I can see... so I need some Zwyts or Bob Chill help... hope its a nice 108 and not a clean collapse on the 00z model suite for the Wed morning snow chance

NY forum said it was stronger Low and better for them than 12Z giving NY .4"+, soooo idk

waiting for accuwx mos to be out shortly and I'll let you know

The SOI value  for Feb. 22, 2014 is  -23.2 , that is the most negative value is a very long time, the 30 day is getting ready to 

flip to negative, presently at positive 1.74.

Meanwhile forecasts of the MJO progressing continues and there is even the potential of significant

amplitude in phase 8 upcoming if all goes well.  Strong KW in the Pacific and I have even seen a model whip up 

an early season Western Pacific TC. The AO continues to trend lower, so all in all, I believe before

all is said and done, we should score something significant in the weeks ahead. Whether it is a pure snow event in these parts

not sure, but I hope so.   

Archived