• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Late February/March Medium - Long Range Disco

stormtracker

Time an event correctly and it becomes close to irrelevant. We had accumulating snow (including streets) on 3/25 last year with an almost perfect start time. Yeah, it all melted during the day, but who cares...snow is snow. ;)

yeah,..,.I mean obviously conditions for high impact snows deteriorate as we get toward March especially in the city, but I still want snow...I totally understand if people are over winter at this point...And it doesnt mean they dont like snow...But I'm not over it, and I know there are plenty of others like me

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah,..,.I mean obviously conditions for high impact snows deteriorate as we get toward March especially in the city, but I still want snow...I totally understand if people are over winter at this point...And it doesnt mean they dont like snow...But I'm not over it, and I know there are plenty of others like me

I want a threat a la April 96 style...that actually pans out though. 

Sun angle is an issue when we have a POS storm and marginal cold. Cold air wont be a problem this week. Just need a storm that can actually produce good rates for a few hours. It can snow and accumulate during the day In March. People make way too much of the SA crap.

I could post images and show examples all day...here is 3/29/42 in the city...thump snow during the morning I believe...Of course there are examples of the opposite....2/28/05 and was frustrating until it got dark, and then it piled up pretty good...It also bears mentioning that 1/28 this year had trouble accumulating on the streets and sidewalk at 10 degrees at night  in my hood...antecedent warm air is probably even more adverse

400x266_03221530_dcsnowstorm.jpg

Euro is kinda suspect out on it's own.  18z NAM looks like a ots slider.  I wish there were some other global on board.  I'd even take the JMA

The Canadian has a storm.....I don't really care what is on board,...I'm not going to expect a model that gave Ji 0.6" 6 hours before a KU to  get a storm correctly or that had the 0.25" contour 150 miles to our south on 1/21 and gave us 0.40" in the 1st 3-5 hours of the event...I believe the GFS also had like 0.15" the day before 1/2 before it finally juiced up....the models arent going to be very good...best we can hope is that we have an event that will happen and that the models juice up within 24-36 hours....

Archived