CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Late February/March Medium - Long Range Disco

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it when the GFS shows no snow and the rationale is that it's a bad model. It truly is entertaining. My WAG is the "snow threat" for Wednesday has about 1 1/2 hours of life left.

Plus yesterday it was good and the Euro was trending to it. ;)

I love it when the GFS shows no snow and the rationale is that it's a bad model. It truly is entertaining. My WAG is the "snow threat" for Wednesday has about 1 1/2 hours of life left.

Plus yesterday it was good and the Euro was trending to it. ;)

blah blah blah....the March 1-3 threat is upon us!

It's as if people forget that the models have sucked from this range all winter except for the the foreign globals for 2/12

Not saying we will come out of the pattern with anything (I think we will), but do people not remember the Euro had 0.04" on 1/19. For smart people we can be the dumbest f-ucking people sometimes...myself included...

It's as if people forget that the models have sucked from this range all winter except for the the foreign globals for 2/12

Not saying we will come out of the pattern with anything (I think we will), but do people not remember the Euro had 0.04" on New Years eve? For smart people we can be the dumbest f-ucking people sometimes...myself included...

Yup. I think its a good thing the GFS had a decent event, and has now lost it. And it is still there, its just not giving us squat verbatim. Still plenty of time for it to stagger its way late to the party again.

we got accumulating street snow on March 25th last winter...I'm pretty sure canceling winter on 2/22 is kind of silly.  When we have highs in the low 30s next week I am going to uproariously laugh at all the complainers

You and me both.   Sun angle is often overplayed here, but it does become valid in March. 

Not saying we will come out of the pattern with anything (I think we will), but do people not remember the Euro had 0.04" on New Years eve? For smart people we can be the dumbest f-ucking people sometimes...myself included...

I'm barely in track mode. We've seen it time and time again this year. Vorts are traversing the entire conus in just over 48 hours in this flow. Model accuracy to the point of being definitive with sensible wx beyond 3-4 days simply cannot be relied on in any way shape or form. The only knowns we have for the coming week or so is that some pretty anomalously cold air is on the way and it will snow east of the MS river.

Not saying we will come out of the pattern with anything (I think we will), but do people not remember the Euro had 0.04" on 1/19. For smart people we can be the dumbest f-ucking people sometimes...myself included...

co sign

I'm definitely guilty of falling in love too soon. Can't help it. But I'm rarely guilty of punting and cancelling too soon. And I can be dumb and stupid at the same time.

Most of us non-mets are....and even mets can be sometimes....The amount of deference we show the models with specific events from outside 48-72 hours is absurd

Time an event correctly and it becomes close to irrelevant. We had accumulating snow (including streets) on 3/25 last year with an almost perfect start time. Yeah, it all melted during the day, but who cares...snow is snow. ;)

Considering the sun is only up less than 50% of the day, odds favor snow falling when there is no sun.

You and me both.   Sun angle is often overplayed here, but it does become valid in March. 

Sun angle is an issue when we have a POS storm and marginal cold. Cold air wont be a problem this week. Just need a storm that can actually produce good rates for a few hours. It can snow and accumulate during the day In March. People make way too much of the SA crap.

Archived