Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/18/14 Clipper OBS Thread

dryslot

Yep...interesting. Very interesting.

I Debbied my way to 5.5 of fluff!

Radar looked great this morning. Still surprised by the good snow growth "under the beam" this am and then the super fluff during the big stuff. We lucked out.

Relative to normal Litchfield County has been screwed this winter.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radar looked great this morning. Still surprised by the good snow growth "under the beam" this am and then the super fluff during the big stuff. We lucked out.

Yea I'm sure Collinsville has all the number but it feels like we have taken the shaft often this winter, about 2.5-3 today

Snow picking up again in Portland, last gasp before the back edge arrives in about an hour.

Probably just as heavy as it was earlier.

Yeah, that's what happened down here in Ayer... We seemed to snow close to S+ down to the last edge of the rad depiction, then it was 10 minutes of grains, then done.  Just done, nothing.   

Not even...it's call being realistic when it's late January and some are crying about it...especially when we told them it would get active. Guess what...March looks to come in like a Lion..and especially interior.

lol. It's been fun lately. Doesn't negate the point that Dec 22 - Feb 1 blew donkey balls. But we discuss it all, the good and the bad.

This stuff was fluffier than I expected...def 20 to 1 ratios seems to be pretty common.

Center Harbor may be up to a 40" depth right now. 35" here.

During the day you can see my snowstake on my webcam.  Its in my field on level ground.  It looked like around 22" at dusk tonight, quite a bit less than areas just to my SE.

Still light snow as of 7pm, probably picked up another 1/4".  6 1/4" storm total

During the day you can see my snowstake on my webcam.  Its in my field on level ground.  It looked like around 22" at dusk tonight, quite a bit less than areas just to my SE.

Still light snow as of 7pm, probably picked up another 1/4".  6 1/4" storm total

Tomorrow afternoon this 12"+ will look more like 6"...lol.

Not even...it's call being realistic when it's late January and some are crying about it...especially when we told them it would get active. Guess what...March looks to come in like a Lion..and especially interior.

I have a very real shot at my snowiest winter on the boards.

1) 2011 94"

2) 2009 82.5"

3) 2013 79"

4) 2008 73.5

5) 2014 71"....

Center Harbor may be up to a 40" depth right now. 35" here.

That's awesome. Should be good when I go there in early March..maybe we can meet up at Guiseppes..lol. 

I noticed the lift here was deep and smack dab in the DGZ so I'm not surprised it was fluffy...BUFKIT showed this well here so I can only imagine there.  I feel like it's impossible to see those rates verbatim here because of wind..but I think a few storms come close.

right in line with what mannix called this morning. I really don't understand the jump to 10-14" when we don't even have half of that. that's more than 100% off. Clearly I'm no met and no disrespect to those guys but that's a huge spread.

You realize places in NH racked up a foot in 3 hours? At the time that was heading into ME, they probably went too far in the upward direction. But the idea was right.

right in line with what mannix called this morning. I really don't understand the jump to 10-14" when we don't even have half of that. that's more than 100% off. Clearly I'm no met and no disrespect to those guys but that's a huge spread.

Well those of us in NH went from a couple inches to 10"+ in about 3 hours. Guess it just didn't translate as well downstream to you.

don't mind me. I just piss and moan when we always seem too get less than forecast. Lol. It's all good though and you guys have a tough job.

Truthfully, it was kind of always set up to play out this way. The rates will maximize as the low centers surface and aloft get organized. Once they are mature the rates will taper off. They happened to max out over NE MA and SE NH, which was well modeled.

Archived