• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/18/14 Clipper OBS Thread

dryslot

6 here final....its as light as air, reminds me of the feb 06 storm.....has to be 20 to 1 ratios....and it struggled to get into low 20s today which was way colder than i expected...def for awhile the heaviest rates since last years blizzard. my little dogs loved playing in it :)

Please remember this the next time you freak out, complain, get upset call busts etc

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please remember this the next time you freak out, complain, get upset call busts etc

It's why we don't spike footballs or punt them too early. I was told the Lakes Region was out of the game today.

Sometimes you just ride the forecast and trust the meteorology. QPF should be used with caution.

Wow... super fluffy! 

We had giant dendrites most of the event.

I had 5.5" of fluff on the board when I got home from work with a liquid of 0.31". 18:1 kind of fluff. Probably was closer to 6 but has settled some. 

Looking back at the BUFKIT profiles off RAP I'm still surprised we did so well. Not the classic omega crosshair in the snow growth zone... with best omega underneath the SGZ. 

It's why we don't spike footballs or punt them too early. I was told the Lakes Region was out of the game today.

Sometimes you just ride the forecast and trust the meteorology. QPF should be used with caution.

Yup.. All one had to do was look at radar about 9:00 and you could see what was going to happen. We preached everything looked good and was on track. Still there were freak outs and spasms

Yup.. All one had to do was look at radar about 9:00 and you could see what was going to happen. We preached everything looked good and was on track. Still there were freak outs and spasms

Well now many of the people in CT valley of MA and into SNH can stop whining. The winter has been spreading the love. Lil Debbie is now Lil weenie.

this 6 inch fluff storm does not negate 50 other dissapointing events and ive witnessed here in this era of busy winters, when i get back to back 15 to 20 inchers, a three foot pack on the level or am at 150 to 200 pct of seasonal climo like other places s and e and s and w of me have experienced in thus era ill relax but today was a pleasant surprise and like we say in fishing, even a blind squirrel finds an acorn.

I must say, between this storm and Thursday's surprise and how the snow from the Saturday deathband made for one of the Greatest Sledding days of my life even though in the end, it was a disappointing storm, this has been an Historic run.  

I GOT MY 6" OF SNOW TODAY!!  Didn't think it was possible!!  I Now have Over 70" of Snow!!!!  I have a 21.5" BASE!!!!  I've seen 1.5" per hour of snow 3 Different Times in 6 days and 3 inches per hour over 2 hours last Thursday!!  I have NOW had SEVEN 6" Storms and I just have to say today was the Most Beautiful Day I've seen in Southern New England because there was already 12-15 inches of snow on the ground to start with this Quick Hitting Storm.... My favorite type.  I was lucky to have had a day where me and a friend drove To Portland, CT and back to REALLY enjoy the snow.  You want to enjoy a storm/  Drive through the whole thing through old New England Towns.  There's nothing like it.  

This has been one of the Greatest 6 day periods of weather in my life.  I will be waking up at 6am to see the sunrise and sled.  I NEVER get up at 6am.  I can't wait to see what it looked like.  

This, All this, after my EPIC Meltdown posts (one that Cold Miser still has, oh how honored I am!) before the Thursday storm.  

In Classic Winter Storm form, the sun came out with only 1 hour to go before sunset.....alla 12/9/05.  

God Bless all you Weenies.  

and i am well aware of this snow pit however at that there is some room in climo even here for the goods to be slightly more evenly distributed, maybe it happens over other years but in the nine years ive been here ive never been more than 30 to 40 pct above the 50 inch seasonal avg. in fact the last winter that likely had 75 or more inches here in spfd was 00-01

Archived