Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 12-13 Finale Observations Part 3

Amped

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

35.1 here in Crystal City

Put on my science nerd hat and went out on the porch and stuck my hand out flat for 3 minutes...what started out as a rain shower 10 minutes ago...is now mixing in with sleet....but only slightly....as in 90/10 rain to sleet mix.  Still have a steady wind from the NW.  Hopefully the cooling trend in the mid levels continues.  

It is all snow here now

Could change back still.. mix line is progressing north with it.  I don't think too much is coming from that batch either way except snow tv and the like.  It's a fun little dynamic event.. someone could def cash in at least briefly.  I want to see the western stuff keep filling in.

Hi of 31.1F in Clarksburg.  Temp is down to 29.9F on a sturdy N wind of 12mph.  Gust in the last hour was 28mph.  Light ZR at the moment (for a total of 0.07" of ZR on top of the 16.2" of SN/IP from this morning).  Nice day, looking forward to the ULL and, specifically what that convective band in Fredericksburg does when it gets here.

Reverse jinx?

Could change back still.. mix line is progressing north with it. I don't think too much is coming from that batch either way except snow tv and the like. It's a fun little dynamic event.. someone could def cash in at least briefly. I want to see the western stuff keep filling in.

Rayno on his 2:30 video still expects it to get wild. Still likes 3-6. Should be a fun evening... and then there is tomorrow! ;)

I doubt anybody here gets 4, 5 or 6 inches.  He's kinda overdoing it.   I'm not going to be like some and just poo this, but it's clearly not going to be like we thought yesterday.   Or maybe.  I dunno...guess we should just watch and wait

Snow shut off about 45 min ago in ROA went from moderate to heavy to nothing. 30 here now. Measured in 4 different spots and we ended up with 22" imby. Depending on what the airport reports which I think officially is what nws uses this could go down as the 2nd biggest storm in ROA history behind the 96 blizzard where they got 25".

Edit: Measured 14" while we were in the lull this morning. Once ull just parked over us we ended up getting to 22" so 8" new that is nuts!

Archived