The rich get richer:

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PITTSBURGH PA
1011 PM EST FRI FEB 14 2014

MDZ001-PAZ076-WVZ023-041-151115-
/O.UPG.KPBZ.WW.Y.0010.000000T0000Z-140215T1800Z/
/O.NEW.KPBZ.WS.W.0005.140215T0311Z-140215T1800Z/
GARRETT-FAYETTE RIDGES-PRESTON-TUCKER-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...OAKLAND MD...CHAMPION...OHIOPYLE...
KINGWOOD...PARSONS
1011 PM EST FRI FEB 14 2014

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM EST SATURDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PITTSBURGH HAS ISSUED A WINTER
STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM EST
SATURDAY. THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...5 TO 8 INCHES.

* PERIOD OF MOST INTENSE SNOW...MIDNIGHT THROUGH 8AM SATURDAY.

* SNOW ENDING...EARLY SATURDAY AFTERNOON.

* IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS DUE TO SNOW COVERED
ROADS.

* WIND...BECOMING NORTHWEST 10 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH.

* IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED DUE TO
REDUCED VISIBILITY AND SNOW ACCUMULATION.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR SNOW MEANS THAT HEAVY SNOWFALL WILL
MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. IF YOU MUST VENTURE OUT AT ALL...USE
EXTREME CAUTION. REPORT SNOW ACCUMULATION TO THE NATIONAL WEATHER
SERVICE BY CALLING...412-262-1988...POSTING TO THE NWS PITTSBURGH
FACEBOOK PAGE...OR USING TWITTER @NWSPITTSBURGH.

&&

In a way, we have it great here......it snows and it melts quickly. 

You can't spend your life being jealous of Oakland. When someone farts it snows out there. It snows so much I get tired of it really quickly and dream of storms back here in Kingsville. Snow out there wrecks your house and breaks the axle on your car and becomes a major hassle.

You can't spend your life being jealous of Oakland. When someone farts it snows out there. It snows so much I get tired of it really quickly and dream of storms back here in Kingsville. Snow out there wrecks your house and breaks the axle on your car and becomes a major hassle.

The snow in Oakland wont break my axle. I'll just dig it to death. I'm the ultimate deathband of snow shovelers. Even Himalayan blizzard accumulations dont stand a snowball's chance in hell against the Jebman's square edged, construction grade shovel

I'm not jealous, I'm thrilled.  It means another 2.5 hour drive at 4am tomorrow but I have a season pass at Timberline so keep it comin'.  Today was epic out there.

The snow in Oakland wont break my axle. I'll just dig it to death. I'm the ultimate deathband of snow shovelers. Even Himalayan blizzard accumulations dont stand a snowball's chance in hell against the Jebman's square edged, construction grade shovel

Jeb, you should check out the North Cascades sometime.  There's a reason they call it Cascade Cement.  I spent a week at Mt. Baker ski area two years ago and it snowed 10 feet in 7 days.  They have gotten over 1000 inches in a winter.

Somebody farted, and the snow just started.

Jeb, you should check out the North Cascades sometime.  There's a reason they call it Cascade Cement.  I spent a week at Mt. Baker ski area two years ago and it snowed 10 feet in 7 days.  They have gotten over 1000 inches in a winter.

I might check them out if I ever have to move to Austin Texas - they are out west

You'd die, Jeb. Seriously. In 2010 I had drifts 20 feet tall over the roof of the house.

I guess we won't need an obs thread.  Hagerstown reporting rain and 39.

the flow out ahead of the vort is warmer for a bit still.. this is a fairly long duration event even though it's moving fast etc. given we generally "dry slot"  the best action is probably not till tomorrow during the day with developing comma head if it happens.

the flow out ahead of the vort is warmer for a bit still.. this is a fairly long duration event even though it's moving fast etc. given we generally "dry slot"  the best action is probably not till tomorrow during the day with developing comma head if it happens.

Thanks for this. My comment was mostly in jest, and though I would like a snow surprise tomorrow, right now I doubt my area will have anything worth reporting.

Archived