joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and the fringes - Feb. 2014 Part V

JamieOber

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning gang.  Been up throughout the night looking out the window and in firemen talk....we are

"heavily involved" in what looks to be an awesome event for many.  Mod/heavy snow right now and rough guess is 6-7" in Akron.  Now time to get some coffee and get caught up.

Enjoy all.

Nut

These posts including "slamming, ripping, crushing, and pouring" are really getting tiresome.

If you can't form an obs post with empirical measurements (or at least your best guess), perhaps it shouldn't be posted. I have no idea what your definition of "slamming, ripping, crushing or pouring" is and chances are, it differs from my definition.

Picked up another 1 1/4" in the last hour with 9 1/2 inches total in Hanover. Temp is sitting at 24 degrees. Rates have picked up somewhat in the last 10-15 minutes and look to pick up even more with heavier returns now begging to move into the area.

Amazing! Eyeballing maybe 2" here as I haven't been out, but I can still see my footprints where I walked to my measurement area. Hoping to get in on those high rates soon.

These posts including "slamming, ripping, crushing, and pouring" are really getting tiresome.

If you can't form an obs post with empirical measurements (or at least your best guess), perhaps it shouldn't be posted. I have no idea what your definition of "slamming, ripping, crushing or pouring" is and chances are, it differs from my definition.

I think it means heavy snow.

:weenie:

It's slamming.. 

There is no different meanings. It means it is snowing extremely hard. Usually 1" or greater per hour. 

Calm down. 

You just have to be a rebel. I'm sure there are a few others who feel the same way Neffsville and myself do.

I think it means heavy snow.

We know what it means, but it's annoying.

Respect science.

Or at least the true definitions and descriptions of precipitation rates per the NWS.

Guys, it is really cranking here.  S+ and as I've snowmobiled in the Tug Hill plateau many time and know what 3-4" per hour looks like, I've got to say that while were not quite there, we are approaching 1 1/2 -2"/hr rates.  winds picking up out of the east and looks quite impressive.

Snowmobile seat is my snowboard, so measurement coming after more coffee..

In the infamous words of Phil Robertson...Happy...happy..happy!.

Nut

Archived