wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Central PA and the fringes - Feb. 2014 Part V

JamieOber

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was curious as we spoke of mixing to our east, wife's coworker thought he had mixing

As Festus just posted, we keep going back and forth to very large flakes. It has the "feel" that we are walking a thin line down here.

Encouraged to see reports from MD and VA that had changed to sleet/rain earlier and have now flipped back to snow.

The dryslot is an interesting question for the LSV people. It's  steadily advancing north. But, I wonder if it fills back in. If it does, I imagine y'all down there would be pushing 2' for this storm.

Wondering that myself. Should know by lunchtime. If we dont dryslot, 20+ is likely.

As Festus just posted, we keep going back and forth to very large flakes. It has the "feel" that we are walking a thin line down here.

Encouraged to see reports from MD and VA that had changed to sleet/rain earlier and have now flipped back to snow.

Dual Pol (CC) is showing possible sleet/dry line pushing into extreme Southeast parts of County.

Looking at the radar I am wondering if the dry slot will roughly set up on a line from DC, Baltimore to Philly. Those just to the north and west of that line will probably see some obscene totals when it is done. Also like the looks of the deform band starting to set up fairly far north and west into central Pa. Wouldn't be surprised if we see an over performance for many up there.

Hanover, Pa.

Measured 12 1/2 inches @ 9:30 with a temp of 29. Rates at this point are 1 1/2 to 2 inches an hour with fairly large flakes. Have to wonder if I may mix with some sleet at some point now before colder air is pulled back in at the upper levels.

So I'm guessing Lincoln speedway opening next Saturday is out of the question? You guys will end up huge again down there

Archived