joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and the fringes - Feb. 2014 Part V

JamieOber

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At 11:00 AM in Carlisle the snow has diminished greatly to very light but steady snow.  Latest measurement is 10.0".  Temp rising to 27.4 degrees.

If you look at the national radar you can see northern NJ under 45-50 dbz's.  My wx friend says he has whiteout conditions now and has had 3"/hr rates for the past 2 1/2 hours.

Here's hoping the ccb rotates/develops over us this afternoon.  Also, glad to see that AOO-UNV-IPT is going to enjoy the deathband shortly.

ooooo look at the shiny: http://www.ospo.noaa.gov/data/atmosphere/precip/spe/activecontent/201402131544.html

Update on it.

SHORT TERM OUTLOOK VALID 1530-2100Z...MEDIUM CONFIDENCE FACTOR

IN SHORT TERM OUTLOOK...HIGHEST SNOW AMOUNTS CENTRAL PA TO NE PA/INTERIOR

SE NY..

:tomato:

Another snippet:

SOME OF THE ENHANCED SNOW

C TO N NJ INTO E CENTRAL PA THAT WAS INTENSE AT 1-2 INCHES PER HR COULD

BE FURTHER HELPED ALONG BY NARROW FETCH OF MOISTURE FROM LONG ISLAND

SOUND TO GO ALONG WITH MOIST CONVEYOR BELT.

Dry slot is growing and on my doorstep. Boo!

That dryslot is working northeast and appears to be killing the band that was working northwest from Reading. What is totally shocking me is how warm it got here. I am currently sitting at 33 on my front porch sensor and 35 on my backyard sensor. I seriously was NOT expecting it to warm as much as it did here.

Just measured at 11:00AM and have 6.25" as of that time.

Yeah, looked like it was stalling a few minutes ago but it's on the move again.

The part due south of State College seems to have stalled, but there's still a part to the southeast and east that's moving towards us. I think it's just setting up along a nearly straight-lined boundary that runs from Cumberland, MD to Williamsport, which puts us JUST to the northwest of the heavy part of the band. Hopefully I'm wrong!

Mallow, Jamie - let's meet up at the Centre County line and let's push that snow! We're going to do this!

That thing is really fighting.

Haha, it's soooooo close! Edge of the heavier stuff to Boalsburg-Pleasant Gap. Edge of heaviest stuff to about halfway between Milroy and Centre Hall.

That HRRR loop seems to show that the ccb intensity is going to explode over eastern PA and not over us.  Hope that's not the case.

Meanwhile, snow has virtually stopped here.  Temp creeping up now to 28.2 in Carlisle.

HRRR hasnt updated in a few hours unfortunately... has been struggling with accuracy beyond 10-12 hours with this system so far

Haha, it's soooooo close! Edge of the heavier stuff to Boalsburg-Pleasant Gap. Edge of heaviest stuff to about halfway between Milroy and Centre Hall.

Looks like the band has stalled... Ugh, soooooo close. :(

We just need one more little ripple of motion and we can score big time, here. Just one more!

Archived