joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and the fringes - Feb. 2014 Part V

JamieOber

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well looks like the band is making it into State College and rates have increased down here so the edges of it have gotten to here as well. I'm starting to see that pivot motion to it on radar in the southwest, we might see that thing hang over or around us for awhile this afternoon. 

Well looks like the band is making it into State College and rates have increased down here so the edges of it have gotten to here as well. I'm starting to see that pivot motion to it on radar in the southwest, we might see that thing hang over or around us for awhile this afternoon. 

Any chance i get into that band at all?

Even the very outer edge would be great :)

ok thanks...

odd looking snowfall map from ctp showing you close to 10-14"

CTP just upgraded Blair for a 6-10" warning (only county upgraded so far) so I think they're in the process of updating products.

Sort of losing intensity. Wonder if it can regenerate?

It seems like the heavy band itself is becoming more diffuse but the coverage of moderate to heavy snow is increasing in our area. We should be in for a good afternoon. I must say, when I woke up this morning I was suprised how far nw this had progressed, even th  Euro might not end up being west enough in the end with extent of heavier precip.

CTP just upgraded Blair for a 6-10" warning (only county upgraded so far) so I think they're in the process of updating products.

It seems like the heavy band itself is becoming more diffuse but the coverage of moderate to heavy snow is increasing in our area. We should be in for a good afternoon. I must say, when I woke up this morning I was suprised how far nw this had progressed, even th  Euro might not end up being west enough in the end with extent of heavier precip.

I know, it's great.

The flakes are picking up in size here. We've been flirting with increased intensities here but it's picking up again and the snow area is becoming more solid.

Mag, over in the Pittsburgh thread I just noted the same thing. It definitely seems like the precip shield has been able to make it a slightly more NW in our area than what was expected. With the tight gradient its making a difference in sensible weather for sure.

My question is, did the low track a bit further inland, or was it just able to spread meaningful qpf a bit further NW of what models showed?

Mag, over in the Pittsburgh thread I just noted the same thing. It definitely seems like the precip shield has been able to make it a slightly more NW in our area than what was expected. With the tight gradient its making a difference in sensible weather for sure.

My question is, did the low track a bit further inland, or was it just able to spread meaningful qpf a bit further NW of what models showed?

Based on what I've seen, the low track seems to have been modeled pretty well. Could be wrong, though.

looks like they bumped me up to 4"-6" or at least included me?

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE STATE COLLEGE PA1252 PM EST THU FEB 13 2014...HEAVY SNOW EXPECTED TODAY INTO EARLY TONIGHT....A STRONG STORM WILL MOVE UP THE EAST COAST TODAY...BRINGINGHEAVY SNOW TO PARTS OF CENTRAL AND SOUTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA.PAZ012-017>019-024-033-037-041-042-045-046-140300-/O.CON.KCTP.WW.Y.0009.000000T0000Z-140214T0300Z/NORTHERN CLINTON-CLEARFIELD-NORTHERN CENTRE-SOUTHERN CENTRE-CAMBRIA-SOMERSET-TIOGA-NORTHERN LYCOMING-SULLIVAN-SOUTHERN CLINTON-SOUTHERN LYCOMING-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...RENOVO...DUBOIS...CLEARFIELD...PHILIPSBURG...STATE COLLEGE...JOHNSTOWN...SOMERSET...MANSFIELD...WELLSBORO...LAPORTE...LOCK HAVEN...WILLIAMSPORT1252 PM EST THU FEB 13 2014...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EST THISEVENING...* LOCATIONS...THE CENTRAL MOUNTAINS OF PENNSYLVANIA.* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW.* ACCUMULATIONS...4 TO 6 INCHES OF SNOW.* TIMING...STEADY LIGHT TO MODERATE SNOW WILL FALL TODAY...AND  CONTINUE INTO THIS EVENING. NARROW...SLOW MOVING BANDS OF  HEAVIER SNOW WILL FORM WITHIN THIS LARGER SHIELD OF LIGHT TO  MODERATE SNOW. THE SNOW WILL GRADUALLY TAPER OFF LATE THIS  EVENING WITH JUST SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS REMAINING AFTER  MIDNIGHT.

Archived