Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and the fringes - Feb. 2014 Part V

JamieOber

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the band has stalled... Ugh, soooooo close. :(

We just need one more little ripple of motion and we can score big time, here. Just one more!

Starting to move on last frame. I have so much work to do yet here I am watching that stupid thing.

Actually, it looks like these temporary stalls might be caused by gravity waves moving through the band from the southwest to the northeast. Each time a wave moves through, the band stalls along the wave axis. Our deathband seems to have started moving again down near Huntingdon now that the gravity wave has passed through. Perhaps we'll see another push forward of the deathband once the gravity wave is northeast of us here in State College.

Looks like the band has stalled... Ugh, soooooo close. :(

We just need one more little ripple of motion and we can score big time, here. Just one more!

I'm pushing it your way from Lewisburg...  Had to work so hard this morning that I haven't had time to appreciate it - glad I checked in on the board to remind myself to look at the rare heavy snow for a little while.  No time to get out to measure.

I am up to 32 now...

et0.gif

wt0.gif

Thanks, djr.  I was going to ask you next on the temp.  If you have made it to 32 then I should expect to reach there too.

Btw, can either you or a met comment on that western edge of the storm that runs from the Delaware River down to Miami?  Does that feature have a name?  I am guessing that to have that edge over you like it basically is in NJ is where some of the highest VV's are?

That bands right at the back door down here, into a sizeable portion of southeastern Blair. I think we're (including State College folks) going to get at least a piece of it. 

I agree. I think there's just enough mean mid-upper-level flow normal to the axis of the band that it should just push northward while pivoting. I'm not exactly sure we get into the 35 dBz heart of it though. It isn't being handled to well by the HRRR at least, so there's not much model guidance to go on.

I'm pushing it your way from Lewisburg...  Had to work so hard this morning that I haven't had time to appreciate it - glad I checked in on the board to remind myself to look at the rare heavy snow for a little while.  No time to get out to measure.

Deathband just enrolled at Juniata College (Huntingdon)

:thumbsup:

The heavy edge of the band is literally five miles away from me. And moving probably five miles per hour! Haha.

Archived