joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
V Day II obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i'll say one thing, if spots in E NY that already have 12-16" pick up another 15-18" per ctRain, Roger Smith was not THAT far off his rocker with his balls to the wall post earlier today lmfao.

Christ, I was thinking that too so much so that I meandered into the upstate ny thread to try to get a sense of what they've gotten so far.

nice roar overhead right now

Winds here in Southington haven't been all that bad...gusty but nothing significant really...unless of course you're outside then it's worse but you can't hear it from inside.  

There is a limb too hanging in the tree resting on another that is about to come down at the end of the driveway...thank God my girlfriend's roommate noticed that b/c that could be a disaster.  Probably come down with stronger gusts

Severe t'snow warnings maybe tonight

(just kidding)

But with strong winds aloft and t'snows a good bet...could see some pretty strong gusts occur within the convective elements.

Would there ever be a way where a SVR warning would be warranted? Wind criteria I could see being met.....or would the Winter Storm Warning cover it?

Would there ever be a way where a SVR warning would be warranted? Wind criteria I could see being met.....or would the Winter Storm Warning cover it?

I think there are separate warnings in those cases..similar to what we sometimes see in those low topped squall lines.  However, I don't see them really used anymore.  

I think they are called storm warnings...?  I know I've seen something issued in those low topped squall line event where you have no thunder/lightning so severe t'storm warning wouldn't make sense.  

Sort of a good question though...I guess it depends on the NWS office and the one at the warning desk.  

I think there are separate warnings in those cases..similar to what we sometimes see in those low topped squall lines. However, I don't see them really used anymore.

I think they are called storm warnings...? I know I've seen something issued in those low topped squall line event where you have no thunder/lightning so severe t'storm warning wouldn't make sense.

Sort of a good question though...I guess it depends on the NWS office and the one at the warning desk.

Probably could have been used in the blizzard last year. GON was gusting to 65 with some nasty thunderstorms lol

Anyone below freezing is gonnna have a hell of a icing situ tonite that is hvy hvy qpf downstream geeezus

It's still 33 here, dp 30. It's been pretty much a really light drizzle freezing on top of the snow and the mess on my street for a while now. My street beyond the connection to 114 is pretty much untouched too.

Archived