415 PM UPDATE...

* MESOSCALE BANDING...HEAVY SNOW BAND AT 4 PM WAS OVER NORTHEAST

MA INTO SOUTHERN NH AND BEGINNING TO EXIT THE REGION AS DEEP

* STRONG WINDS...STRONG LOW LEVEL JET MOVES ALONG THE COAST

THROUGH 7 PM SOUTH COAST AND 10 PM EAST COAST. MAIN CONCERN IS

NORTHEAST MA /ESSEX COUNTY/ WHERE UP TO 8 INCHES OF HEAVY WET

SNOW COMBINES WITH GUSTY WINDS FOR POSSIBLE DOWN TREE LIMBS AND

POWER OUTAGES. WINDS BRIEFLY LESSEN OVERNIGHT AS CENTER OF THE

LOW TRACKS OVER OR VERY CLOSE TO THE REGION.

I'm pretty interested to see if I get my first night without power here, if the strongest win coincides with the downpours then that could be a perfect combo.

Close to whiteout when that band was ripping through here

At 8.0" attm        Maybe we can get to 10" with any stuff later

Nice shot, Dave.  Looks like things ended up pretty uniform for the bulk of the area in the first round.

Great story and well told. Thanks for a good laugh. Hope your wife doesn't have an account here...

LOL.  That would be troubling.

Just over 6" here in Lenox as the lull moves in. Just a fine -SN now, no sign of any PL or ZR yet.

You and PF are going to be king of the tally list tomorrow.  Enjoy tonight.   You're going to rock.

24.1/23, light snow/snow grains

The band in C NH (to my weenie eyes) seems to be stalling a bit and not progressing much further N. Continue to be in consistent 1/4SM band with close to 2"/hour.

Meanwhile GYX to LEW just getting crushed.

snow got light for a bit but now heavy again.  we are just barely hanging into the band.  right on rt 127 here at the salisbury webster line.  YOu look good for a while.  pray for me.

Well that was an incredibly fun albeit short period of heavy snow (maybe 2 hours?).

In the end, I think Harv did the best. Deep winter yet he knew this would require very heavy rates to get the snow which is what happened.

Good luck western NE with the backlash. I think it's an inch or less here.

snow got light for a bit but now heavy again.  we are just barely hanging into the band.  right on rt 127 here at the salisbury webster line.  YOu look good for a while.  pray for me.

Ha, yeah I will. The dry slot is getting close and once that goes through I'm not expecting much from the "second round". Would love to get surprised but its mostly for N VT/E NY down to the Berks in Mass.

Briefly was 1/2SM but back to 1/4 S+ again. Probably nearing 5" now. Very good rates since 230 but no where near Brians 3.8/hr he had. At peak we had about 2/hour rates here.

Archived