joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12z Models 2.12.14 Let's do discussion Here

sferic

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The high resolution regional Euro shows that the regular OP is smoothing the CCB development. The high resolution has the best banding from NE PA and High point northward to Binghamton. But there is still good precipitation all the way into NYC and LI.

Thanks - does the CCB envelop the area as the deformation zone shows itself or does it slide east to clip NYC and environs? I'd much prefer the former.

I just did the same. .. often times the pbp forgets my area and yours. I understand it's nyc Metro forum but share the love lol!

It develops basically from Trenton northward

lol, I chuckled when I saw we posted the same question at the same time.  Thanks, John for the info - seems highly likely all the forecasts will now up their snowfall totals for the area, given the 12Z suite, including the Euro, all looking a bit snowier...

lol, I chuckled when I saw we posted the same question at the same time.  Thanks, John for the info - seems highly likely all the forecasts will now up their snowfall totals for the area, given the 12Z suite, including the Euro, all looking a bit snowier...

I think Mt. Holly will be very stubborn to raise amounts as they've been more conservative than I could remember. 

The 850 mb low on the GFS is about 25 miles further east than the Euro at 42 hrs. 

Ah, well, here's to hoping the GFS somehow schools the Euro for the sake of MBY lol. Of course, CCB often ends up farther west than modeled so even the Goofus isn't all that re-assuring. This will be a cool storm to watch play out in any case.

Ah, well, here's to hoping the GFS somehow schools the Euro for the sake of MBY lol. Of course, CCB often ends up farther west than modeled so even the Goofus isn't all that re-assuring. This will be a cool storm to watch play out in any case.

Yeah, the CCB on the euro looks much better the further west you go across the area since the coastal

is so tucked in along with the 850 mb low.

Do not for get the air is super dry! im sitting at -1 dew point right now at 22deg I will tell you right now this cold air is not budging i dont see a change over in my area.

Air masses can change rather quickly. The current state says very little about the future, especially when there is no strong cold air damming. 

Yeah, the CCB on the euro looks much better the further west you go across the area since the coastal

is so tucked in along with the 850 mb low.

Given trends so far, I'm not so optimistic about much additional snow from the backlash if the 500mb low doesn't lurch east along with the low towards the Cape. Maybe 1-3" for western LI, especially since we may be battling sleet or rain as well with it. But models are really adamant today on someone getting plastered with it, probably the I-287 corridor.

The front end though looks ferocious and we may see 10" with that in 6-8 hours if the Euro's correct. That would introduce perhaps serious power and tree damage issues when it could then get infused with rain or sleet and wind blows the gloppy mess around. Probably roof damage issues too.

Given trends so far, I'm not so optimistic about much additional snow from the backlash if the 500mb low doesn't lurch east along with the low towards the Cape. Maybe 1-3" for western LI, especially since we may be battling sleet or rain as well with it. But models are really adamant today on someone getting plastered with it, probably the I-287 corridor.

The front end though looks ferocious and we may see 10" with that in 6-8 hours if the Euro's correct. That would introduce perhaps serious power and tree damage issues when it could then get infused with rain or sleet and wind blows the gloppy mess around. Probably roof damage issues too.

And you think the same way on this. Im thinking its going to be hammering most of NJ,lower HV, SWCT and as it pivots ENE i dont think its going to hold its punch. Who knows i may be proven wrong but im going with either side of a foot from the front end dump alone and maybe 1-3" with backlash while the locations i just mentioned jackpot from that as well

And you think the same way on this. Im thinking its going to be hammering most of NJ,lower HV, SWCT and as it pivots ENE i dont think its going to hold its punch. Who knows i may be proven wrong but im going with either side of a foot from the front end dump alone and maybe 1-3" with backlash while the locations i just mentioned jackpot from that as well

I think it's going to be hard to approach a foot-even the most aggressive models give us about an inch QPF before getting too warm, and given ratios that's probably 8-10". Over an inch liquid last Monday gave us 7-9". It's going to be a wet snow again with temps 30 or above mainly. After seeing the Euro I could think 8-12", but not more than that unless the CCB materially shifts east and really swipes us. Looks now like maybe 1-3" from it if we're lucky.

It might actually be better for trees/power if we don't get much rain (although it may cause the snow to fall off tricky surfaces). It won't be warm enough to melt the snow and will just add weight. With enough wind it might cause a lot of damage. We really lucked out not having much wind last Monday, even so trees really sagged under the heavy wet snow.

If the euro are trending more south and east doesn't that mean central jersey could be looking at 12" +.. I keep reading the euro has been most consistent this winter. Please any feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm hoping for a further east trend so we get more snow!!! Thank you guys.. I really enjoy this

for Trenton euro has 4-7 on front end and 2-5 for the ccb.....11-12 inches

so yes on the euro 12+ in possible for cnj

Archived