joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12z Models 2.12.14 Let's do discussion Here

sferic

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point, about 16 hours from the storm's initial impact on the southeast NY area, what's the best model/models to reference? I'm in central Rockland County, NY. Thanks.

The ECMWF hasnt budged from its track for two days but its the western most outlier compared to other guidance. Im lost as to what is right, but if you go with the most consistent one it is the EURO and its ensembles IMO

They are northwest and warmer than the 03z run. But have a lot more precipitation that falls on the front end. Precipitation type goes to rain around 36 hours..and 1.00"+ precipitation has fallen at that point.

How much rain? I don't think it's going to be a lot it may be light at that point.

They are northwest and warmer than the 03z run. But have a lot more precipitation that falls on the front end. Precipitation type goes to rain around 36 hours..and 1.00"+ precipitation has fallen at that point. 

Yes, my apologies, I reversed the 3z and 9z runs....definitely warmer at 9z.  But what a front end thump!!

Honestly, I dont think it matters how far west or east the low actually goes at this point to any large degree (barring a monster 100 shift west and an inland track). I think at this point everyone gets a great front end thump (4-8/5-10) and then most do warm at the 850 level (possibly at the surface) above 32 with several hours of snizzle, drizzle, light rain, sleet, etc. , then we'll see what happens with the CCB/ backend. If that is non-existent or is minimal a 4-8/5-10 storm is on the docket. If we get another 2-4/3-6 from that, thats where you get the 12-15" possibility that Upton is going with.

Archived