joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12z Models 2.12.14 Let's do discussion Here

sferic

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The front end is still so impressive that I care a little less about that. We'll see what we can do on the backend. The NAM has incredible vertical velocities and heavy snow for 10 hours on the front end of the system and then a dry slot in the mid levels.

Agreed, it should be ripping tomorrow morning. Would be nice to cash in on the backend and bump this event to the next level. I'm encouraged by the GFS trending towards this and hopefully its 12z run continues.

The front end is still so impressive that I care a little less about that. We'll see what we can do on the backend. The NAM has incredible vertical velocities and heavy snow for 10 hours on the front end of the system and then a dry slot in the mid levels.

The front end is looking better to me. The mid-level centers inland over VA/NC tomorrow morning, actually help push a stronger coastal front.

It seems to be a fairly narrow area verbatim though where a lot of that is snow. The 850mb temps don't crash SE as fast as I thought it would in such a setup.

Man, what a wild card tomorrow night is shaping up as. Could be little, could be a burial. I'm thinking an average of 6" for most from the front end, but that could double at the end if the CCB really develops as it could.

Pretty much the wild card right now is the Ccb. When and where it sets-up it's going to dump

10-12" for the entire area on the front end via the weeniebell snow maps.

LOL  Love that comment !! 

By the way thanks everyone for your input the entire winter, its been interesting.

42.2 inches is my seasonal snow total so far here at the NWS Co op station here in

Harrison, NJ - Hudson County.

The superstorm is up to the #2 analog in the east on updated analogs

19930314_072_total.png

That closed off over the southeast. Not a bad analog IMO

1993031318_HGHT500.png

Increasing similarities for sure.  Noticed the ARW/NMM from last night driving a good MCC into Florida from the GoM, for example.  Of course, we don't have a 972mb low in the gulf, so there's a little difference there. ;)

Goes with my thinking that the front end thump will be more impressive than the CCB itself. 8-12" front end to maybe another 3-6" CCB is a conservative call for LI according to the NAM. Much higher than i predicted thus far

The beauty of this is there wont be much melting during the afternoon with temps only rising to 34-35 without

much rain in dry slot. The bulk of the precip falls frozen.

Increasing similarities for sure.  Noticed the ARW/NMM from last night driving a good MCC into Florida from the GoM, for example.  Of course, we don't have a 972mb low in the gulf, so there's a little difference there. ;)

Noticing we didn't have a northern stream kicker to deal with on that storm. Likely because it was a triple phaser.

Archived