SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
12z Models 2.12.14 Let's do discussion Here

sferic

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

really doubt the colder spots of the region get above freezing tomorrow, wouldn't be surprised to see some widespread light freezing rain in some spots after the initial thump and before the possible CCB movies in. something to consider... 

North and west of the city, no one should get above 32. There might well be a zone of light freezing rain if that's the case inside the dryslot.

Hr 45 it's a Ccb special for eastern areas

It seems to be a fairly narrow area verbatim though where a lot of that is snow. The 850mb temps don't crash SE as fast as I thought it would in such a setup.

Man, what a wild card tomorrow night is shaping up as. Could be little, could be a burial. I'm thinking an average of 6" for most from the front end, but that could double at the end if the CCB really develops as it could.

Wraps up at 09z or 3AM on Friday morning. The total QPF on this run is about an inch+ less than what 06z showed thanks to the dry slotting. (all per the 4k NAM) Instead the heaviest totals are north and east of NYC.

We desperately need the mid level centers to pass further south and east to avoid the dry slotting.

Or we need H5 to close off and get that CCB cranking faster.

On 06z the CCB persisted for nearly 10 hours and was much more intense. This run is reduced because it takes a few hours longer to intensify.

The front end is still so impressive that I care a little less about that. We'll see what we can do on the backend. The NAM has incredible vertical velocities and heavy snow for 10 hours on the front end of the system and then a dry slot in the mid levels.

Archived