• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 12-13 Storm, Part II

stormtracker

DT posted just last night about how some "idiot rumors" were flying around that this was going to rival the '93 storm. He said "100% not true/BS."

Look, the snow distribution portion is one thing but nothing comes close to that storm. I have been waiting since 1993 to see a repeat and nothing has come close. Come find me when the Arctic and Tropics are as one along the East Coast of the USA with 3 streams phased...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are yall looking at?  It's not east

Sorry my fault...it is slightly east but nothing that would impact your area in a major way, its about 20-30 miles east in TN and KY with the back edge and if you look closely with the SLP countours same...wont matter for your area but it could be a huge deal for those on the fringe up in central PA like me.  Sorry I have been switching between threads and posted in the wrong one.  Apologies

All the attacks against FB kids and he's been super bad on this storm sharing every big snowmap he can find. Kinda irresponsible as a met. 

It's really annoying when so many mets and non-weenies are trying to be cautious and do their jobs and get outshouted by someone like him. It's really irresponsible, and he knows it. He shouldn't criticize weenies and clownmaps when he does his best to encourage it. 

Look, the snow distribution portion is one thing but nothing comes close to that storm. I have been waiting since 1993 to see a repeat and nothing has come close. Come find me when the Arctic and Tropics are as one along the East Coast of the USA with 3 streams phased...

Exactly!  I remember living through the January 1978 blizzard in northeast Ohio, and that was a triple-phaser.  Central pressure as that bomb literally went over KCLE was 957-mb, severe cold and blizzard conditions as the temperature dropped some 30 degrees in less than 2 hours, remaining around 10 or just below the rest of the day.  The wind/arctic front literally blasted through.  I think that's the last triple phasing storm before the 1993 Superstorm (and the Ohio one was obviously not on the East Coast).  A truly rare and spectacular event.

GFS still not on board with the westward movement. Looks to slide off further to the SE. 

We don't want it too far west at this point. If the GFS track wobbles around just slightly until the first flakes fall, I think we'll be fine. Just over 48 hrs until that happens, so I think we are still in the ugly zone of the GFS time-wise.

Archived