joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 12-13 Storm, Part II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess about 0.6" for DCA...in any other storm we'd be psyched...hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning we'll see it kick up into the 1" range

NCEP maps running slow.  From what you're seeing, is it similar to its 12Z cycle, or a fair bit different?  Just looking at what you say for the QPF at DCA, sounds kinda similar?  Though evolution may not be.

this stuff happens up north all the time...it really isnt that unusual

It does,  but if the GFS is right and we get into the deformation zone, there will be a foot of snow with intense rates whether it is forecasting them or not.  Of course, DCA and your back yard may not end up in the band but someone will.  More often the max seems north and west of where it is forecast.  If I were you, I'd be happy with the run.

Aren't both the GFS and Euro outliers?  Seems like nothing has changed since around 06Z except the NAM has gone viral with its snow. 

The GFS is wrong still IMO as depicted at the sfc. I mean.. I hope. I don't want it to be like that but I'd rather it look like that than the Euro for MBY at this pt.  Yes, I think they are the general bounds of the expected at this time and the Euro is probably more right than the GFS. 

It does,  but if the GFS is right and we get into the deformation zone, there will be a foot of snow with intense rates whether it is forecasting them or not.  Of course, DCA and your back yard may not end up in the band but someone will.  More often the max seems north and west of where it is forecast.  If I were you, I'd be happy with the run.

true...though I am not really taking the run too seriously...It will come west and get wetter...maybe even tonight...euro could also cave a bit too

Over 2 inches vs. a half an inch....... within 54 hours from onset.......... in the year 2014. 

Terrible.

Your post.

Terrible.

The energy/wave won't come over SW Canada/NW CONUS until 12Z tomorrow or so, it's amazingly still over the E Pac...maybe differences get ironed out at that point.  Also, looks like a WSR flight in the Gulf tomorrow night to try to sample southern stream piece.   

So the Euro has been showing more or less the same track since Friday 12Z's run, just getting wetter and wetter, right? So that's 7 runs in a row? Or am I forgetting an off run in there somewhere...

Not really two 0z ago it was pretty awful. 12z yday it was perfect. Last two runs a bit west of that. Small spew range tho.

Archived