Newest Member
    joxey
February 11-19th Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol

Didn't seem to be much 12z GEFS support for a solution as robust as the GGEM.

GGEM is a good weenie model these days...and probably wrong. The GFS, on the other hand, has pretty much nothing for us with the Friday impulse. Euro seems to be a nice compromise, 1-3" type deal...but even then, I think it tends to run a touch dry with clippers.  

sigh...

QUICK GLANCING BLOW OF ARCTIC AIR SHOULD KNOCK TEMPS BACK DOWN
FRIDAY INTO FRIDAY NIGHT...FOLLOWED BY ANOTHER CLIPPER SYSTEM THAT
COULD AFFECT THE AREA SATURDAY. THE 12Z MEDIUM RANGE MODELS POINT
TOWARD THE POTENTIAL FOR A SWATH OF SOME PRETTY GOOD SNOW WITH THE
SATURDAY CLIPPER...BUT THIS IS WAY TOO FAR OUT INTO MODEL FANTASY
LAND TO START GETTING ALL REVVED UP ABOUT SNOW AS THINGS COULD STILL
CHANGE DRAMATICALLY. HAVING SAID THAT...SATURDAY BEARS WATCHING FOR
ACCUMULATING SNOW POTENTIAL.

I see what you did there.  The alternative, as you are pulling for, is probably a decent torch to melt away our prize-fighting snow.

winter is done to me come mid feb with no snowmobile and sun angle burning that snow faster than moms cooking..  Time to go big snow and cold which is not in the picture (going laf timmy here) or go warm and sun tanning ice fishing.

Snow Machine trails in se wi are flat and fast as ever even with the orgy of screwjob stat padders.  still waiting for this to be a winter to remember outside of snow cover days and this weak sauce cold we're acclimated to by now.

DAB++ first and final.

winter is done to me come mid feb with no snowmobile and sun angle burning that snow faster than moms cooking..  Time to go big snow and cold which is not in the picture (going laf timmy here) or go warm and sun tanning ice fishing.

Snow Machine trails in se wi are flat and fast as ever even with the orgy of screwjob stat padders.  still waiting for this to be a winter to remember outside of snow cover days and this weak sauce cold we're acclimated to by now.

:blahblah:

I'm happy that you are still hoping for a big storm, but as you said the chances are small (I'd say less than 50% given seasonal trends, which often play quite a large part even in a different pattern).

:blahblah:

I'm happy that you are still hoping for a big storm, but as you said the chances are small (I'd say less than 50% given seasonal trends, which often play quite a large part even in a different pattern).

chances of a big storm at a lil less than 50% coming from you after this blah winter is impressive..  Saukville and la crosse wal mart greenhouses better get reinforced at erection.

DAB++ first and final.

lol.

Archived