joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 11-19th Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radar and obs trends look reasonable for a dusting to an inch, especially south parts of town.

Yeah...maybe. I'm just expecting a few mood flakes at best...but probably don't have to go too far south to see accumulating snow. 

NAM needs to pass that around. That's whacky :lol:

It's quite the solution. And no doubt totally wrong. But it is in its fantasy range. :D

lol, the text output is great.

Yeah...maybe. I'm just expecting a few mood flakes at best...but probably don't have to go too far south to see accumulating snow. 

It's quite the solution. And no doubt totally wrong. But it is in its fantasy range. :D

A number of sites in central IL reporting +SN. Looks quality for points south of here. Was really hoping to get down to Indy tonight to visit some friends but I'm not sure venturing out onto the 65 death trap will be happening.

A number of sites in central IL reporting +SN. Looks quality for points south of here. Was really hoping to get down to Indy tonight to visit some friends but I'm not sure venturing out onto the 65 death trap will be happening.

Might be tough sledding once you get out of LAF. If you do go, drive safely.

00z GGEM had a similar solution, just with a somewhat deeper low/further north track.

So it's not a totally whacky solution.

Sorry, I was talking about the actual output for LAF...thus calling it whacky. No chance we see any wintry precip with that storm. Better chances for you all up north I hope.

Sorry, I was talking about the actual output for LAF...thus calling it whacky. No chance we see any wintry precip with that storm. Better chances for you all up north I hope.

I wouldn't rule anything out just yet. Models always struggle with these systems preceeding a major pattern change. This is especially given the deep snowpack in place and the fact that this system is still out in the Pacific (and hasn't been sampled).

The trend has been south/stronger with this system since Wednesday night though.

Archived