joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 11-19th Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any thoughts on the GFS? I'm prepared to toss it but just on account of it being an outlier. Don't have any meteorology to back me up.

Compared to the other models, the GFS is usually the driest at this stage, and once we get closer it usually lines up with the other models. Track wise it maybe on par, but this qpf problem has always been the case, atleast for this season.

SREF plumes keep bouncing around for MKE....it was up to a mean near 6" yesterday and now down to 3.6". 00z Euro ensembles looked slightly wetter compared to 12z....virtually all members show over .35" and a quite a few show over .5"

around 2" at ORD....i'm really struggling to get excited about this one...just smells like 1-2" of slop

Any thoughts on the GFS? I'm prepared to toss it but just on account of it being an outlier. Don't have any meteorology to back me up.

Too progressive, I would toss based upon that, add in the fact that all other models are more amplified and moist. A good number of the ensembles are stronger too.

Compared to the other models, the GFS is usually the driest at this stage, and once we get closer it usually lines up with the other models. Track wise it maybe on par, but this qpf problem has always been the case, atleast for this season.

This as well, notice how dry the GFS was on previous runs, it is already trending toward wetter solutions.

Testy? I'm having the time (winter) of my life. Couldn't be happier.

But I know you're trying to illicit arguments over a non-proveable fact. So why do it?

We've had countless threads full of Euro bashing all winter (a quick search shows multiple posts to that effect from everyone in this thread) and all the sudden everyone is back to riding it?  Seems kind of weenie to me, but it's no big deal. I'll back out of this thread and let you guys be.

2.8" final call

We've had countless threads full of Euro bashing all winter (a quick search shows multiple posts to that effect from everyone in this thread) and all the sudden everyone is back to riding it?  Seems kind of weenie to me, but it's no big deal. I'll back out of this thread and let you guys be.

2.8" final call

Part of the reason we have been bashing the Euro so much are the built in high expectations due to past successes.  GFS bashing hasn't been very common since expectations are rather low in comparison.

Archived