• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 11-19th Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

Honestly, I hope a southern solution wins out since it would be a lot more interesting. Euro ensemble mean looks like it has the slp on the southern tip of Lake Michigan which is usually a favorable position for us.

I'll go with that for sure, with snow on the ground at least there's almost zero potential for rain, and if the low passes south of Chicago, should be mostly snow at the least.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IND and FWA are at odds with the Monday system.

IND

AT FIRST THIS EVENT LOOKED LIKE A MIXED WINTRY PRECIP EVENT...HOWEVER MODELS HAVE BEEN COMING
IN WARMER
THESE PAST FEW RUNS. WENT WITH MOSTLY RAIN DURING THE DAY MONDAY.

FWA

ECMWF/GFS/NAM AND MANY ENSEMBLES GENERALLY SUPPORT A MORE PROLIFIC SOLUTION...A STRONGER
SYSTEM WITH COLDER TEMPERATURES AND MORE PRECIPITATION. HAVE TRENDED COLDER MONDAY WILL MORE SNOW. ISENTROPIC LIFT IS IMPRESSIVE WITH MIXING RATIOS OF 4G/KG...BUT OF SHORT DURATION. IF THE STRONGER SOLUTION PREVAILS...3 TO 5 INCHES OF SNOW ARE POSSIBLE BY MONDAY EVENING.

I vote FWA.

IND

AT FIRST THIS EVENT LOOKED LIKE A MIXED WINTRY PRECIP EVENT...HOWEVER MODELS HAVE BEEN COMING

IN WARMER THESE PAST FEW RUNS. WENT WITH MOSTLY RAIN DURING THE DAY MONDAY.

FWA

ECMWF/GFS/NAM AND MANY ENSEMBLES GENERALLY SUPPORT A MORE PROLIFIC SOLUTION...A STRONGER

SYSTEM WITH COLDER TEMPERATURES AND MORE PRECIPITATION. HAVE TRENDED COLDER MONDAY WILL MORE SNOW. ISENTROPIC LIFT IS IMPRESSIVE WITH MIXING RATIOS OF 4G/KG...BUT OF SHORT DURATION. IF THE STRONGER SOLUTION PREVAILS...3 TO 5 INCHES OF SNOW ARE POSSIBLE BY MONDAY EVENING.

I vote FWA.

Actually they both are right. IND it would be warmer with a stronger system, but in turn a stronger system will dig more and pass over or just south of IWX's CWA. Honestly though it might be a close call for IWX, especially across the southern parts of their CWA. As it stands right now I like their northern areas and across Southern Michigan.

:lol:

LAF just took a commanding lead in snowfall over FWA and MBY today. Swing and a miss here.

Wouldn't call 2.4" a commanding lead over YBY. :D

2.7" was my final for here today. Totally didn't expect that when I got up this morning.

IND

IN WARMER THESE PAST FEW RUNS. WENT WITH MOSTLY RAIN DURING THE DAY MONDAY.

FWA

I vote FWA.

Ha, me too. I guess I haven't been paying as much attention to this system, but from what I've seen, I thought the trends for here were colder. Not that I buy any wintry scenario for LAF right now, but you never know...

Neat set up for LAF on the 0z NAM. Surface temps stay below freezing...but 850-900 temps torch, and then crash. Kitchen sink storm. Would be kinda cool if that actually verified.

Looks like some ice to snow on that run.  With any luck maybe we will get a consensus on the 00z runs (yeah right).

Surprisingly bullish on second wave(storm) Monday....quote "looking more like all snow.." Again, not the first time a warm up began with a thump snow. Worse, sounded like our warm up will be brief.

Brief, but intense by the way he made it sound.

0z GFS

GFS_3_2014021500_F84_PCPIN_48_HR.png

Archived