joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 11-19th Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, was getting plastered coming back from lunch. Looks like a nice band setting up over LAF.

Yeah...nice weenie band over us. Get while the getting is good.

GFS kind of has something similar. Front-end freezing rain... to a much lesser extent.

Looks that way. I don't know, maybe it won't be an all rain event. Guess we'll need to keep watching.

Yeah...nice weenie band over us. Get while the getting is good.

Looks that way. I don't know, maybe it won't be an all rain event. Guess we'll need to keep watching.

I'm thinking we'll get something wintry even if brief.  Definitely worth watching as any colder trend would make things really interesting.

GFS wins

Yes it did. Just measured an inch new here on the sidewalk at work. Getting closer...

I'm thinking we'll get something wintry even if brief.  Definitely worth watching as any colder trend would make things really interesting.

Worth keeping an eye on I guess.

Don't see any drastic difference.. Except that all prcp is SN.. Euro looks decent as well (12z)..

GGEM is drier.

Basically, the precipitation bombs out in Nothern Illinois (narrow swath of 0.75 - 1" QPF) then it slowly peters out thoo the east. The swath of 0.5" to 0.75" of QPF is along and within a 25-50 mile radius of the I-94 corridor and it ends at Detroit/Lake St. Clair.

00z run has a much broader swath of 0.75" to 1.25" of QPF for N. IL, S. WI into the I-96/M-59 corridors in MI.

GGEM is drier.

Basically, the precipitation bombs out in Nothern Illinois (narrow swath of 0.75 - 1" QPF) then it slowly peters out thoo the east. The swath of 0.5" to 0.75" of QPF is along and within a 25-50 mile radius of the I-94 corridor and it ends at Detroit/Lake St. Clair.

00z run has a much broader swath of 0.75" to 1.25" of QPF for N. IL, S. WI into the I-96/M-59 corridors in MI.

But snow-wise its one of the best runs yet for us.

Why doesn't it surprise me you'd be at a tanning salon?

lol, I work close to a tanning salon. I'm all natural. :D

Indy getting hammered right now.

METAR KIND 141754Z 00000KT 1/8SM R05L/1400V2800FT +SN FZFG VV006 M07/M09 A2973 RMK AO2 PRESFR SLP076 SNINCR 1/7 4/007 933008 P0006 60006 T10671089 11067 21089 56008

GGEM is drier.

Yeah, but it also did have the mixing issues etc..Still  12z is much better..No mixing.. 

I'm ready to call it. 1.8" here at work. Celebrate good times!  :thumbsup:

Sweet. Congrats guys. 

Makes ya wonder why some weenies are wanting an early spring when there are several areas close to setting snowfall records, besides the fact it is only February 14th.

Anyway, enjoy.

See a few 6" reports from central Illinois.

Archived