joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 11-19th Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, "lol" doesn't correct anything.

But since you mentioned it, what other way should "super juiced" be interpreted (relative to the other model solutions)? Please explain.

It's not nitpicking to ensure something isn't made bigger or smaller than what it is.

Actually I did correct you at first, as seen below.

And he did not say compared to other guidance. Just "super juiced"...thus wet, which it is.

Actually it is... 0.50-0.70" QPF across a good portion of the LOT CWA.

I wasn't watching the ARX radar today so I didn't realize there was another good band of snow up there that dropped 3-4+".  There are also several 3" reports from just west of me through southeast IA, so if this system underperformed(like I suggested earlier) it was solely a flake size/ratio issue.  My precip was actually toward the higher end of what the models were spitting out.  My final ratio was only 12 to 1, though, so the snow total could have been higher.

My backyard, especially, has a fairly deep snowpack now.  The piles along the driveway and sidewalk are the biggest since February '08.  It's going to take a while to melt all this stuff.

Damn, that is a marked change from the 18z, and even the less impressive 12z run. S/w is still over the PAC. Wondering if it's a RAOB problem.

Definitely a far cry from the kick-ass solutions the models had Thursday and Friday.

I guess we'll see with the other models. Otherwise, it would be a decent coup by the GFS.

Archived