joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 11-19th Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you would think with a season you had, you would be more optimistic and not trust one of the worst models the last month or so.

Not sure what my season total and optimism (lol) has to do with analyzing the trends making a call...feel free to make your own instead of just posting GIFs (i already have a stalker here who does that). SREF are pretty clear on a 2-5" event for Chicago (they've done well all winter with big and little dogs) and it's a solution supported by the GFS which despite ticking up in intensity has remained consistent and probably spot on with a very progressive short duration system.

Looks pretty sweet. Lock her in.

If ratio's are as nice as COBB data is indicating (14:1 mean) we could be in for a nice surprise. Remaning skeptical at this point because omega values AOB -0.2 are locked below 850mb where thermals are more in the -6 to -11c range. The 3-5" range looks golden IMO although maybe NAM cobb scores a coup with the 6"+ amounts its been spitting out.

Not sure what my season total and optimism (lol) has to do with analyzing the trends making a call...feel free to make your own instead of just posting GIFs (i already have a stalker here who does that). SREF are pretty clear on a 2-5" event for Chicago (they've done well all winter with big and little dogs) and it's a solution supported by the GFS which despite ticking up in intensity has remained consistent and probably spot on with a very progressive short duration system.

How can it be "consistent" and "ticking up" at the same time? The globals were too wet, the GFS was too dry and they are meeting in the middle. 

The differences between the 4km NAM and the RGEM is pretty ridiculous around here. The former has a 0.5-0.6" max over the golden horseshoe while the RGEM barely skims 0.15" of QPF.

Yeah, I'm not sure why the RGEM displaces the QPF so far to the south. This is not a setup where you'd see a lot of juice in the warm sector. Gulf is closed so it's not going to be fueling a low level jet on the low's eastern flank.

seem to be in one of the worst locations for yet another.. .couple-2.5" inches seems like a good call.   Second weekend in a row with morning weenie snow and blue skys..pretty.  prob will be in the top 3 of what i remember this winter by.

snow already just srated melting off the roof.  thought the neighbors dog was pissing on my smoker.

Haha.

Noticed a lot of puddles on the roads yesterday at peak heating.

MKX graphic for this coming event.

File.png

The depiction of the 500mb trough looks so much better compared to 24hrs ago. The trough actually begins to go negative tilt...too bad its too strung out and doesn't close off until east of the region. And for those of us in S WI were sitting very good.

Pretty much the gist of our problem.

If it's any consolation, the northern stream wave still hasn't been sampled (it won't be until the 00z runs tonight).

Archived