• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February 11-19th Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

It's quite funny that the GFS is one of the wetter models now. 

Best model.

One thing's for sure...whatever falls is going to be cement.

In a weird way, I'm almost hoping for all freezing rain and [expletive]...to put a crust on top of the snow pack. Maybe give it a couple more hours of shelf life before it's all torched/washed away later this week. ;)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really don't think that will matter. 6" in 8hrs is possible

True.  If they're confident enough (I think the threshold is 80% confidence?) of 6" in 8 hours then they don't even need to fudge it with some other reason.

Edit: Although I thought 6" in 12 hours is all they needed for the WSW?  Even though 6" in 8 looks plenty likely enough anyway.

he's gone tropical on temps now even too.  normally he finds the coldest temp he can post.   poor guy, wait until the glacier finally melts off late march and the moldy grass appears.

I don't know, he reports big melting everyday. Is there anything left up there on Mt Geos? Hell, he may be mowing grass soon... 

he's gone tropical on temps now even too.  normally he finds the coldest temp he can post.   poor guy, wait until the glacier finally melts off late march and the moldy grass appears.

Moldy grass?...

I hope not, I put down sod in October! 

As long as the sub 0° lows stay away I won't have anything to complain about. 

On a side note I saw people playing volleyball on Saturday near Kenosha!

Figured the NCEPs would catchup a little considering how wet the Euro was.  4.2" call for here still looking golden, but wouldn't be surprised to see a bit more considering the convective look on some of the higher res models.  Gonna give 6" a go, but not sure if we'll make it or not.  That's what she said.

Figured the NCEPs would catchup a little considering how wet the Euro was.  4.2" call for here still looking golden, but wouldn't be surprised to see a bit more considering the convective look on some of the higher res models.  Gonna give 6" a go, but not sure if we'll make it or not.  That's what she said.

Good luck man. Would be awesome to see you hit 6". Long overdue...

its been 3-5 from kenosha to MKE in the zone forecast since sat morning when the mix was nixed from the far south... caving to nothing except colder for the far south and no mix since in came apparent friday.

Quote for Kenosha:

Washington's Birthday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 26. Southeast wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible. 

Doesn't really matter though what the grid says. Time to quit watching models anyways.

Where is that picture from? I haven't ever heard of grass molding before.

Quote for Kenosha:

•  

sat AM zone for kenosha..  

WASHINGTONS BIRTHDAY  SNOW. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 3 TO 4 INCHES.  HIGHS IN THE MID 20S. SOUTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH SHIFTING TO  THE SOUTH IN THE AFTERNOON. CHANCE OF SNOW 90 PERCENT.

This sun morning forecast - Kenoaha

WASHINGTONS BIRTHDAY  LIGHT SNOW. SNOW ACCUMULATION AROUND  4 INCHES. HIGHS IN THE MID 20S. SOUTH WINDS 5 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE  OF SNOW NEAR 100 PERCENT

now its 4.3" on the map.. caving that  extra .3" with more model data.. lmao.. this is so foolish.

Archived