• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February 11-19th Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

looks as modeled IMO...going to be a screwholes and lollies event. Anything impressive total wise is dependent on convective returns hanging over one area but i'm pretty skeptical on that happening. My 2.8" is going to bust but 4-6" area wide still looks safe.

You just form your lips in a circle and it flows naturally ooooverachiever. lol The theme of winter 2013-'14.

Good luck up there. I'd like to see a shot of 2"+ an hour rates from your skyscraper.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You just form your lips in a circle and it flows naturally ooooverachiever. lol The theme of winter 2013-'14.

Good luck up there. I'd like to see a shot of 2"+ an hour rates from your skyscraper.

brought my camera and charger...i'll say this, even 1" an hour looks like a whiteout from a few hundred feet in the air

All the model guidance agrees on roughly ~4" for Detroit.

Obviously there's potential for more, but that (3-5") seems like a reasonable call right now.

Between the duration and the convective nature of the snows, these systems can be quite fickle when it comes to total accumulations, which is probably why the models continue to struggle with QPF numbers.

Was -14 this morning, up to a whopping -5 at the moment. Brand new car already needs a battery from this Winter alone. Likely due to my short jaunts into the village and back.

Per seasonal trends, best systems snow will fall south of me today, but am pointed for 4-5", which I'll gladly take. Have had around 10" of nickel snows the past 2 weeks which has kept the snow looking fresh. Haven't been this excited for a 5" snow in a while... seasonal snow total here 155"

thx to sw flow events.... ahead of Gaylord which rarely happens. would like to see 180" before season ends. Leelanau 215" already.

Was -14 this morning, up to a whopping -5 at the moment. Brand new car already needs a battery from this Winter alone. Likely due to my short jaunts into the village and back.

Per seasonal trends, best systems snow will fall south of me today, but am pointed for 4-5", which I'll gladly take. Have had around 10" of nickel snows the past 2 weeks which has kept the snow looking fresh. Haven't been this excited for a 5" snow in a while... seasonal snow total here 155"

thx to sw flow events.... ahead of Gaylord which rarely happens. would like to see 180" before season ends. Leelanau 215" already.

you have like 3 months of winter left :lmao:

Archived