e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb 4-5 2014 storm

ravensrule

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those interested, lots of activity on the Carroll County Radio System (Fire, EMS, Police) relating to the ice:

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/10851/web

And Baltimore County. Trust me I can't get off the engine. 9 calls and counting. On another scene now. BGE 1.5 to 2 hours delayed to scenes.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It does make a difference. Our lines are buried ad we have power. Yours will be back on soon enough I'm sure

You're obviously more likely to lose power if your lines are above ground, but if transformers start blowing and power stations get knocked off line, then it doesn't matter if the neighborhood lines are below ground.

My lines are below ground and I was without power for 7-8 hours overnight from the Jan 27, 2011 storm.  And the derecho knocked us out for almost five days.

about as thick an ice as I can remember perhaps back to 94.  Standing outside can hear trees and branches snapping at random and frequent intervals.

Just have a listen to Carroll's ECC...they are banging calls out left and right.

Several trees into houses...even the hard wood trees are just uprooting.  http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/3075

800k out or about 2 million people in larger mid atlantic and northeast now per Matt Lanza.

Lol, i wonder if Phineas who said this would be a bust has power. I love how people in our area say it will always be nothing because 90% of the time in our region it is, not because they have any clue what they are talking about they just play the odds.

Archived