12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 4-5 2014 storm

ravensrule

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

29 degrees with freezing drizzle and light freezing rain. The driveway is slick. There's ice on the car, the trees, the fence. The sidewalk is turning into a skating rink.

I'M LOVING THIS!!!!!

Now, if only my road would freeze. Kool aid without sugar, an ice storm with just wet roads. Damn

29 degrees with freezing drizzle and light freezing rain. The driveway is slick. There's ice on the car, the trees, the fence. The sidewalk is turning into a skating rink.

I'M LOVING THIS!!!!!

Now, if only my road would freeze. Kool aid without sugar, an ice storm with just wet roads. Damn

HA! Scrolled from the bottom up and was super tire. Could tell by the tone it was you! It is nice if you have power! I do, but I am sure many will be in the dark.

Freezing precip is abating which is good news for those who are worried about power issues.

Further precip should hold off until about 12z when we will have much milder 2m temps.

Isnt there a coastal developing? We might be in the dryslot

I miss the ZR though. We get so little true winter weather here on the tropical fall line

I'm almost afraid to hope for this weekend

Wow.  What a beautiful event.  Rates look like they were light enough overnight to get some quality accretion.  There are 2 to 3 inch icicles hanging from trees, powerlines, everything. 

Its been generally fzdz with some light freezing rain overnight. I stayed up for it, while studying copywriting. I have some icicles with what looks to be three sixteenths of an inch of ice accretion on the car, fence, grass, driveway, sidewalk and even on parts of the road. Occasional fzdz and freezing light rain continues at 29 to 30 degrees. Temp keeps oscillating back and forth between 29 and 30.

Still have power here in Clarksburg. 28.6F/28F with a calm wind as the next heavier batch moves in. Bucket says 0.32" rain so far but can't say that's accurate due to ZR. Looks like at least 0.25" accretion so far. The trees are very bendy (that's a technical term) and the roads are ice covered.

Don't forget to submit your mPing reports. They are very useful for tracking and analyzing as the transition occurs.

Still at 32. Really gorgeous ice accretion on the raised surfaces. My pines are really weighed down. My Great Pyrenees just slipped and fell on the walk out back.

This ended up being legit even in my part of the city.

Sent from my iPhone

33 in Towson and just a tiny skim on the tree branches. Lost power at 4:40 for about 20 minutes and I hear transformers blowing in the distance.

Just north of here is probably going to have some significant issues.

I'm 34 up from 32 a half hour ago. Untreated sidewalks have a crunchy glaze on them and cars are glazed over, but that's about the extent of the impact near downtown Baltimore.

Archived