12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 4-5 2014 storm

ravensrule

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, i wonder if Phineas who said this would be a bust has power. I love how people in our area say it will always be nothing because 90% of the time in our region it is, not because they have any clue what they are talking about they just play the odds.

Going low is definitely a good way to look smart without knowing a lot around here.. though I wouldn't put Phineas in that category.  Overall this was pretty well forecast other than temps perhaps falling in between the coldest models and MOS while many leaned toward MOS. It was abundantly clear the snowpack areas had a pretty solid threat, especially with temps where they were last night before precip started.  

Going low is definitely a good way to look smart without knowing a lot around here.. though I wouldn't put Phineas in that category.  Overall this was pretty well forecast other than temps perhaps falling in between the coldest models and MOS while many leaned toward MOS. It was abundantly clear the snowpack areas had a pretty solid threat, especially with temps where they were last night before precip started.  

I wasn't talking about Phin when i said people that have no clue.

No power in Hagerstown at my work. Greencastle, PA looks at least as bad as Carol County.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/42708-central-pa-and-the-fringes-february-2014-part-ii/page-30#entry2735650

Edit. Philly area into Central Jersey is a disaster too.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/42715-february-4-5-snow-ice-sleet-rain-obs/page-10

Mappy et al better hope for a quick warm up or some sun because the wind is going to pick up later today and that is only going to make the situation worse up there. Not just a slight breeze either....more like 15-20. 

Yeah, gusts to 35-40 maybe:

post-1615-0-49260200-1391614946_thumb.pn

Mappy et al better hope for a quick warm up or some sun because the wind is going to pick up later today and that is only going to make the situation worse up there. Not just a slight breeze either....more like 15-20.

It's cold in the house, no idea when power will be restored

Archived