joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday Mauler Obs Thread

Avdave

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The entire region looks like Carthage so I would not expect much road accums even if 2m and 10m temps were 10F lower for the duration of the storm.

True. Though places NW if they're near freezing and getting blitzed it might screw 'em up at least temporarily. 

it's not too often we get 0.5" in 3 hours in a marginal temp situation

That's what I've been hanging my hat on the whole time. The storm has plenty of temp probs close in but there is a big punch with precip. One that we haven't seen since Jan 2011. Not comparing the storms in any other way except for that. 

51 down from 61. Not too shabby. 

Stations with elevation in the catoctins and west of gettysburg all have northerly winds. Could be that close?

Mobile so not much on hand. I think it's probably west the north winds may be air coming in off the snowpack north etc. Dews are still pretty high back NW tho they don't really drop off much till north of PIT. In general it will probably barely be noticeable anyway.

Mobile so not much on hand. I think it's probably west the north winds may be air coming in off the snowpack north etc. Dews are still pretty high back NW tho they don't really drop off much till north of PIT. In general it will probably barely be noticeable anyway.

Yea, everything is modeled within a relatively tight envelope. It just sucks that a million or 2 weenies are straddling the line. 

Archived