12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 27th/28th Clipper Model Thread

odwalla

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an eerie feeling between 1/28 and 2/1 we have a PV complete phase in with a southern stream impulse for a Miller B HECS, NESIS 4+ event. Something that could potentially bring 18-24 inches of snow to the NYC and LI area with 50 knot winds. Severe blizzard event. I am riding this out until I am proven wrong. I just have an extra sense feeling we will have 40-50 inch snow depths, drifts to ten + feet and temps below zero for a once in generation event to close out January for our immediate area. Pattern has the earmarks for something very special and extreme. Looks like the only way it will break or snap back to normal cold. Please consider the possibility being not impossible. Let's critique this post when the dust settles and revisit.

OK I'll bite, just for the sake of giving everyone a fair shake... Could you please present your evidence for your reasoning?

OK I'll bite, just for the sake of giving everyone a fair shake... Could you please present your evidence for your reasoning?

Im going to give this person credit, he has got some balls posting these absolute swinging for the fences and out of the park grand slams to win a game in the first inning of a baseball game calls. HOWEVER, in this pattern they're will be surprises and would not surprise me personally if it included a high end NESIS 4+ storm. Other thought being pondered is this is possibly JB's screen name here ;) hahaha :P

I have an eerie feeling between 1/28 and 2/1 we have a PV complete phase in with a southern stream impulse for a Miller B HECS, NESIS 4+ event. Something that could potentially bring 18-24 inches of snow to the NYC and LI area with 50 knot winds. Severe blizzard event. I am riding this out until I am proven wrong. I just have an extra sense feeling we will have 40-50 inch snow depths, drifts to ten + feet and temps below zero for a once in generation event to close out January for our immediate area. Pattern has the earmarks for something very special and extreme. Looks like the only way it will break or snap back to normal cold. Please consider the possibility being not impossible. Let's critique this post when the dust settles and revisit.

wishcaster, come on. While we would all be jumping with joy and laying butt naked in it, where's your reasoning? Ill be the first one to eat crow if it indeed becomes true, but throwing this out into the open is mind numbing.

I have an eerie feeling between 1/28 and 2/1 we have a PV complete phase in with a southern stream impulse for a Miller B HECS, NESIS 4+ event.  Something that could potentially bring 18-24 inches of snow to the NYC and LI area with 50 knot winds.  Severe blizzard event.  I am riding this out until I am proven wrong.  I just have an extra sense feeling we will have 40-50 inch snow depths, drifts to ten + feet and temps below zero for a once in generation event to close out January for our immediate area.  Pattern has the earmarks for something very special and extreme. Looks like the only way it will break or snap back to normal cold.  Please consider the possibility being not impossible.  Let's critique this post when the dust settles and revisit.

Tapping into my subconscious is "eerie".

Stick a fork in this threat....this one's done

I would watch that southern stream system though just behind it for the 29th or 30th if the Atlantic ridge is being underestimated again that could easily end up coming up the coast. It's too bad that the clipper didn't dive more south because if it did it would have had a shot at phasing in with that disturbance.

I would watch that southern stream system though just behind it for the 29th or 30th if the Atlantic ridge is being underestimated again that could easily end up coming up the coast. It's too bad that the clipper didn't dive more south because if it did it would have had a shot at phasing in with that disturbance.

Totally agree. And after tuesday i think this pattern has just said to us, dont throw in the towel too soon. I know this isnt going to pertain to every storm threat but this system could also be poorly modeled as well. Something to just keep in mind. Im not tossing the towel until inside 72 hours where the models "should" have a grasp on things ;). More realistic approach?

I think we should concentrate on Saturdays system first which seems can give us a light to moderate event 1-3 or 2-4 in spots that get banding - also going to seem like more then it actually is because of the 6 - 10 plus inches already on the ground.Also since the ground is so cold will stick on all surfaces even though near the coast temps might reach freezing or slightly above - saturdays sytem will effect the track of monday -tuesdays system and over the weekend is when any adjustments to the models and track will probably occur

12z 84 hour NAM 996 MB . 6z 90 hour GFS 1008 MB , Bigger implications are for New England at this point .

Wouldnt be surprised if it digged more in upcoming runs. Not saying its going to be big for us but after this weeks debacle nothing can be dismissed. Onto the 12z gfs for more insight

Archived