12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 27th/28th Clipper Model Thread

odwalla

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may actually be the Euro's first win this winter if it verifies because it consistently has shown the more north track which I had been tossing since its been so awful this winter.

HMMM  second piece around its back side at 114 ? 

It looked at 114 , it was splitting the energy and had a piece into VA   , but nada at 120 

The changes at 500mb on every model through 84 hours cycle by cycle are tremendous and suggest that we should be expecting significant alterations to the forecast moving forward. The guidance is struggling with individual perturbations in the flow running around the PV and top the PNA ridge in poor data regions.

The changes at 500mb on every model through 84 hours cycle by cycle are tremendous and suggest that we should be expecting significant alterations to the forecast moving forward. The guidance is struggling with individual perturbations in the flow running around the PV and top the PNA ridge in poor data regions.

Some are saying there is little chance this storm cuts into the PV and that it will go south a la GFS yesterday. What are your thoughts on how this plays out? Too soon to tell?

Some are saying there is little chance this storm cuts into the PV and that it will go south a la GFS yesterday. What are your thoughts on how this plays out? Too soon to tell?

I have an eerie feeling between 1/28 and 2/1 we have a PV complete phase in with a southern stream impulse for a Miller B HECS, NESIS 4+ event.  Something that could potentially bring 18-24 inches of snow to the NYC and LI area with 50 knot winds.  Severe blizzard event.  I am riding this out until I am proven wrong.  I just have an extra sense feeling we will have 40-50 inch snow depths, drifts to ten + feet and temps below zero for a once in generation event to close out January for our immediate area.  Pattern has the earmarks for something very special and extreme. Looks like the only way it will break or snap back to normal cold.  Please consider the possibility being not impossible.  Let's critique this post when the dust settles and revisit.

I have an eerie feeling between 1/28 and 2/1 we have a PV complete phase in with a southern stream impulse for a Miller B HECS, NESIS 4+ event.  Something that could potentially bring 18-24 inches of snow to the NYC and LI area with 50 knot winds.  Severe blizzard event.  I am riding this out until I am proven wrong.  I just have an extra sense feeling we will have 40-50 inch snow depths, drifts to ten + feet and temps below zero for a once in generation event to close out January for our immediate area.  Pattern has the earmarks for something very special and extreme. Looks like the only way it will break or snap back to normal cold.  Please consider the possibility being not impossible.  Let's critique this post when the dust settles and revisit.

LOL are you JB?

I don't even think its physically possible to phase in the entire PV. A lobe of it, sure, that'll get you a bad ass Miller B bomb but the entire PV, not gonna happen.

Full lattitudes trough. Aka Called a great planetary wave ie 93

there plenty of waves to capture . Which one is TD

I will honestly say this is not one and done.

We have our WOTY candidate, folks!

Archived