northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Jan 21 Obs thread II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just measured 3" here in Crofton.  I agree we can end up with 4" when all is said and done.  Not a bad system, but certainly not, I repeat NOT the over-performer on 1/02 for this part of AA County. Kudos to the 06Z NAM and 00Z ECMWF and post-06Z RAP trends last night -- they both had DCA right around .40" for the event.  I do not know what the 06Z GFS was smoking, especially between 12-18Z (far too wet). 

The models did very well for up here. The RGEM kicked the EURO's butt. It was way ahead of it for the past 2 days.

Five inches. Would like to get one more, we shall see.

Sent from my iPhone

Glad you got what you wanted. You should easily be above 6" where you are located. You finally got a good storm after all this waiting.

No complaints from me. Glad to get what I got. Now can go back to wanting more...

(I got the snow sickness you see)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think even though the band is sagging to the s/e, it will as a body move to the NE as it nears the Chesapeake bay coast. 

I sure hope so.hasn't been all that heavy here. Did okay though, just been watching areas of Harford into Baltimore and Carroll Counties get raked. That being said we are probably at about 8in. Just would like to finish strong.

Like I said earlier (and was misconstrued)...I'd be happy with 4 to 6"....I'd love more, but get me to at least 4" and I can rest easy and not feel shut out.

I'm actually happy I have 3" now...the idea of recording a 2.75" was bumming me out

6:00

7.7  19 degrees. Last measurement for today

Just finished my 3rd shovel of the day. Picked up another .5 of pixie dust. Was hoping to get to 8 inches. But this is the biggest event of the year for me. Still have light snow but I dont think I will pick up another .3 this evening. Will measure in the morning. It is COLD out!

Hey guys, sorry if this is an inappropriate question, but where can I find a map that give me the current positioning of the low?  I'm out on Delmarva and hoping against hope that the best is yet to come (I'm stuck at about 1.5").  I see the precip coming up from Richmond and some digging taking place, but am curious about the positioning of the LP.  Thanks in advance.

Archived