Newest Member
    joxey
January 21st Snowstorm OBS

snow.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

worried about dryslot to the west...hopefully fills in...not modeled

I'm not worried.  The vort track and surface low track don't support it getting to us.  We are more likely to have precipitation back build over us for awhile. Heck,  looks like the GSF has me in precip until midnight.    I'm now down to 31.8 and the real snow hasn't started yet.  

I'm not worried. The vort track and surface low track don't support it getting to us. We are more likely to have precipitation back build over us for awhile. Heck, looks like the GSF has me in precip until midnight. I'm now down to 31.8 and the real snow hasn't started yet.

Now I feel better :)

worried about dryslot to the west...hopefully fills in...not modeled

honestly i wouldn't worry -- load up a 24 or 48f frame loop of Charleston, WV and you can see the reaction of the precipitation field to the mid-level energy -- now i can't say there won't be a lull some places which slip out of the best frontogenetic forcing ahead of best forcing from the vort and coastal low

I'm not worried.  The vort track and surface low track don't support it getting to us.  We are more likely to have precipitation back build over us for awhile. Heck,  looks like the GSF has me in precip until midnight.    I'm now down to 31.8 and the real snow hasn't started yet.  

Enjoy the snowfall, Wes. It's nice to see the greater VA, DC, and MD area finally receiving a good snowfall.

honestly i wouldn't worry -- load up a 24 or 48f frame loop of Charleston, WV and you can see the reaction of the precipitation field to the mid-level energy -- now i can't say there won't be a lull some places which slip out of the best frontogenetic forcing ahead of best forcing from the vort and coastal low

thanks..it is starting to fill in...I just get nervous

Archived