joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential severe storms for Sat, Jan 11

Brick Tamland

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is 2 doors down from my house in Raleigh. Glenwood between Oberlin & St. Mary's is still blocked by two & half large oaks. Seemed like straight line winds. Power still on somehow. There is a crushed car and house damage 1 block over. A pretty close call.  

post-7223-0-03808600-1389474786_thumb.jp

The line of storms just moved threw mby.....little gust around 25, but there is some pretty heavy rain associated with it ;)

I'll tell you what.. that front was the most ridiculously crappy thing I have ever seen in my life.  Here in my yard by the lake, I saw absolutely no wind except what the heavy rain brought down with it (and that was minimal at best).  I made more wind in the toilet from last nights pizza than what this offered for Lexington, SC.  As soon as it passed my house (of course), it builds into a better line again and decides to put down more damage reports.

POed.

I'll tell you what.. that front was the most ridiculously crappy thing I have ever seen in my life.  Here in my yard by the lake, I saw absolutely no wind except what the heavy rain brought down with it (and that was minimal at best).  I made more wind in the toilet from last nights pizza than what this offered for Lexington, SC.  As soon as it passed my house (of course), it builds into a better line again and decides to put down more damage reports.

POed.

Way, way to much information.  lol

POed.

Exactly what I thought would happen....lol   The thunder was nice these past two days though  :)

Squall Line lived up to expectations across this region, 50 mph wind gusts, frequent lightning (did not expect this), and tumultuous downpours.  A large tree branch down in the Crowfield Plantation area (in the road) in Goose Creek (was on my way home from work).  Unfortunately a serious accident occurred on Ladson Rd with a SUV I believe flipped on its side and facing opposite the direction of travel on the sidewalk.   Snapped a few pictures but only one came out.   at the very least, a serious injury occurred with many police, fire and EMS vehicles on the scene.

From NWS Raleigh for RDU 60 MPH sustained winds peak gust 86 MPH.

CLIMATE REPORTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RALEIGH NC450 PM EST SAT JAN 11 2014......................................THE RALEIGH-DURHAM INTL AIRPORT NC CLIMATE SUMMARY FOR JANUARY 11 2014...VALID TODAY AS OF 0400 PM LOCAL TIME.CLIMATE NORMAL PERIOD 1981 TO 2010CLIMATE RECORD PERIOD 1887 TO 2014WEATHER ITEM   OBSERVED TIME   RECORD YEAR NORMAL DEPARTURE LAST                VALUE   (LST)  VALUE       VALUE  FROM      YEAR                                                  NORMAL..................................................................TEMPERATURE (F) TODAY  MAXIMUM         69    155 PM  76    1890  50     19       51  MINIMUM         45   1222 AM   4    1982  31     14       41  AVERAGE         57                        40     17       46PRECIPITATION (IN)  TODAY            0.24          1.68 1991   0.12   0.12     0.22  MONTH TO DATE    1.27                      1.22   0.05     0.67  SINCE DEC 1      7.18                      4.29   2.89     3.61  SINCE JAN 1      1.27                      1.22   0.05     0.67SNOWFALL (IN)  TODAY            0.0           1.2  1954   0.1   -0.1      0.0  MONTH TO DATE    0.0                       0.8   -0.8      0.0  SINCE DEC 1      0.0                       1.4   -1.4      0.0  SINCE JUL 1      T                         1.5   -1.5      0.0  SNOW DEPTH       0DEGREE DAYS HEATING  TODAY            8                        25    -17       19  MONTH TO DATE  296                       270     26      230  SINCE DEC 1    876                       940    -64      713  SINCE JUL 1   1528                      1521      7     1407 COOLING  TODAY            0                         0      0        0  MONTH TO DATE    0                         0      0        0  SINCE DEC 1     13                         2     11        3  SINCE JAN 1      0                         0      0        0..................................................................WIND (MPH)  HIGHEST WIND SPEED    60   HIGHEST WIND DIRECTION    SW (230)  HIGHEST GUST SPEED    86   HIGHEST GUST DIRECTION    SW (220)  AVERAGE WIND SPEED     9.8SKY COVER  POSSIBLE SUNSHINE  MM  AVERAGE SKY COVER 1.0WEATHER CONDITIONS THE FOLLOWING WEATHER WAS RECORDED TODAY.  LIGHT RAIN  FOG  FOG W/VISIBILITY <= 1/4 MILERELATIVE HUMIDITY (PERCENT) HIGHEST   100          1200 AM LOWEST     84           200 PM AVERAGE    92..........................................................THE RALEIGH-DURHAM INTL AIRPORT NC CLIMATE NORMALS FOR TOMORROW                         NORMAL    RECORD    YEAR MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE (F)   50        76      1890 MINIMUM TEMPERATURE (F)   31         6      1981SUNRISE AND SUNSETJANUARY 11 2014.......SUNRISE   726 AM EST   SUNSET   521 PM ESTJANUARY 12 2014.......SUNRISE   725 AM EST   SUNSET   522 PM EST-  INDICATES NEGATIVE NUMBERS.R  INDICATES RECORD WAS SET OR TIED.MM INDICATES DATA IS MISSING.T  INDICATES TRACE AMOUNT.&&CLIMATE REPORT NWS FORECAST OFFICENCSU CENTENNIAL CAMPUSRALEIGH, NCMAXIMUM TEMPERATURE... 69MINIMUM TEMPERATURE... 57PRECIPITATION...0.22

Archived