joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential severe storms for Sat, Jan 11

Brick Tamland

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got at least a 60 mph wind gust here in SE Wake, probably higher. Swirling winds, big limbs down, trash cans/recycle bins blown all over the yard. Trampoline damaged -- the vertical bars that hold the netting are all bent, one broken. It's sitting upright like it should be but it's out of place. I imagine it completely flipped.

We pulled into the garage right as it was hitting. Very loud and whistling wind for about a minute or so.

Got at least a 60 mph wind gust here in SE Wake, probably higher. Swirling winds, big limbs down, trash cans/recycle bins blown all over the yard. Trampoline damaged -- the vertical bars that hold the netting are all bent, one broken. It's sitting upright like it should be but it's out of place. I imagine it completely flipped.

We pulled into the garage right as it was hitting. Very loud and whistling wind for about a minute or so.

You had it worse than me. Seems like we to lucky and all the damage was around us.

Looks like he threat has passed us here.

A building under construction in Brier Creek area collapsed. Lots of trees down.

Looks like I lucked out and were in between those two areas. Other than a gust of maybe 40 and heavy rain, it didn't last long at all in my part of north Cary.

I know the circumstances were much different, but it kinda gave me chills considering the 2011 Raleigh tornado came charging through my neighborhood on a Saturday afternoon, like this one (other than the fact it was April, and not January).

The winds lasted all of 2 mins in my area (Wake Crossroads) and very little, if any, rain.  Looks like the worst was along RDU/540 on a line towards Youngsville.

Archived