joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't heard a ton of talk concerning ratios today. The column is really that cold, and there is a warm nose which is near 1.5C on forecast soundings. I think a 10:1 is the way to play it conservatively. Still is a solid 3-6" snow across Wake County.

A warm nose, what level?  I don't see it on the NAM, is it showing up on Euro/GFS?

http://68.226.77.253/text/NAM80km/NAM_krdu.txt

Was in Simpsonville this weekend sir. Down seeing Friends off of HWY 14.

Good luck hoss. I am about 1 hour and 15 mins NNE of ya.

Cool ! I got a sister who lives off of 14, neighborhood called Riverwalk. And I'm about 25 min from there . I was in Concord thur and Friday and on the way home I went through Gastonia, and ate at Twintops fishcamp! Delicious as always!

Aren't you on the 4" versus 10" fence? I'm on the 0" versus 2" fence.

You?  I think you're sitting pretty solidly at half a foot of snow. 

CLT is dangerously close to a dusting to an inch.  Want to get solidly in the .25 inch QPF across the board. 

That's what I mean....I want to get the 6 inch marker back yalls way.

A warm nose, what level?  I don't see it on the NAM, is it showing up on Euro/GFS?

http://68.226.77.253/text/NAM80km/NAM_krdu.txt

Look at the 750/800 mb levels. Not a warm nose above freezing, but temps are not as cold as you'd want for cold smoke type powder and there is a bit of an inversion. Another important part of high ratio snow is lower wind speeds...which we are in good shape with.

Are you just now waking up, jburns?  I pictured you as a 4 AM early-riser.  :D

Anyways, your neighborhood looks to do better than mine, when the snowstorm is all said and done.

Nah.  Had some business to attend to.  When I got up and saw the 20% chance of snow I left my iPad and phone at home. My version of pouting. :)

63º here.  Not looking for much tomorrow, but if I climb a tall tree and look east I have a shot at seeing some good snow.

I hope you do better than what you think will happen :hug:    I've been to the store, cleaned the house, stacked firewood, roast in the crock pot, and currently doing laundry. Exciting huh?  :P  :lol: 

Look at the 750/800 mb levels. Not a warm nose above freezing, but temps are not as cold as you'd want for cold smoke type powder and there is a bit of an inversion. Another important part of high ratio snow is lower wind speeds...which we are in good shape with.

Gotcha, thanks!

ok but I can't start till...now

Thats a line from country song

I'm sure it is  :lol:  

That IPA I bottled 2 weeks ago couldn't have been better timed. Fridge tonight...drown sorrows tomorrow :)

I've got a bottle of wine that will be calling my name to either celebrate or drown sorrows. It's a win win situation! :) 

oh...yea.....dt has mby circled for 6-10  :lol: 

DT's map is nice, also like this little tidbit in his write up on FB I really hope he is right lol

"Over eastern North Carolina into the southern portions of Virginia Beach I have an area of 10 to 14 inches of snow but it's possible that this may be a little on the low  side  and   I MIGHT  increases  this tonight or Tuesday.   "

Archived