Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick question that I figured I would put in banter.

There's been talk of some overrunning before the storm is forecasted to actually start a la the Christmas storm. IIRC this extended from about CLT to GSO and west on the afternoon of the 25th. (I was sitting in Chapel Hill; we got fringed by both that and the coastal spinning up. )

Was that forecasted well by the models leading up to the event or did significant precip extend further west than modeled?

On another note, at what point do we start worrying about convection in the Gulf interrupting our moisture transport? :D

Ha, always.  I tell you what though.  It's nice talking about qpf and NOT having to deal with whether or not it's going to be snow. 

If we pull away with 2 nice and cold, cover everything inches, I'll be happy.  Hoping for more, but it's nice just not having to worry about BL issues/surface temps, WAA, etc.

Ha, always.  I tell you what though.  It's nice talking about qpf and NOT having to deal with whether or not it's going to be snow. 

If we pull away with 2 nice and cold, cover everything inches, I'll be happy.  Hoping for more, but it's nice just not having to worry about BL issues/surface temps, WAA, etc.

THIS is true!

Just read in the discussion thread that Fayetteville is looking at 0.94" QPF according to the SREF, all snow. This equates to what, roughly 9"? And are the ratios going to be higher than 10:1? I'm not sure where to find the map he posted about so meh. I would be so ecstatic about 9". Hell give me 4" and I'm happy lol. We have a Biology test at 5:30PM tomorrow - thinking that might have to get rescheduled until Thursday night! :D

Also kind of surprised I haven't seen any trucks laying down any brine or anything yet. Maybe later today.

Not what I had hoped for out of the GFS. No progress. :( I don't think it's screwing up that SW energy by hundreds of miles this close in.

It looked great for you guys, IMO. I mean, if you're going for all-in for a foot, it might be disappointing, but ~6" is nothing to sneeze at.

The trends are iffy, though. Got to love how a the other modelling is now shifting west while the GFS shifts east.

Archived